We are seeking an exceptional candidate as Teacher of Food Tech, to work in close partnership with the Principal, the Senior Leadership Team and the Head of the Art and DT department to embed the school’s vision and develop an outstanding school that empowers our pupils to take responsibility and seize greatness.
You will join our Art and DT department at a point where we will have our first Key Stage 4 pupils. You will work with the Head of Art and DT to deliver a curriculum designed to inspire a love of Food Tech both as individuals and as groups and collaborate with other Ark Schools. The post is open to both Early Career Teachers or to those with more experience.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the school. We will provide one-to-one support, coaching and access to extensive network training to support career development and leadership opportunities.
- Have an unwavering determination to deliver excellence for pupils from all starting points
- Share the Ark Blake beliefs, vision and mission and be aligned with the Ark six pillars underpinning it
- Be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations for every pupil in both academic achievement and personal development
- Be committed to continually improving classroom practice and raising attainment
- Manage behaviour effectively to create apositive, calm and purposeful climate for learning
- Have the drive, skills and resilient character required to help build a new school
- Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching your subject
- Be reflective about the Academy and committed to securing its continued development
- Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
In addition to professional support all employees are eligible for Ark Rewards, a scheme that offers discounts at many retailers and other benefits such as Cycle to Work and the Employee Assistance Programme.
Ark Blake Academy is part of Ark, one of the UK’s most successful school groups, with a network of 39 schools in 4 locations across the country.
As a proud member of the network, we offer:
- Twice as many training days as standard
- Weekly staff training designed to meet the needs of the school
- Coaching for every teacher
- Protected co-planning and department meeting time
- Access to the high-quality, regular professional development
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across the network
Opportunity for an exceptional candidate to be a Teacher of Food Tech, shaping a new Ark secondary school in East Croydon.
Ark Blake Academy welcomed its first year 7 cohort in September 2020 and currently provides children in East Croydon with a first-class academic education, based on our strongly held values.
We aspire to become one of the best schools in the country, providing all our pupils with an excellent education that empowers them to seize greatness. With KS3 complete, we are now growing into KS4 with our first Year 10 cohort starting in September 2023.
At Ark Blake, we seek to transform lives through education. We believe that each of our pupils is born with unique potential for greatness and can take responsibility to achieve this. We believe that by aiming high, working hard and living according to Ark Blake’s Values, our pupils can seize greatness, lead lives that bring fulfilment and strengthen their communities.
A spirit of ‘always learning’ have helped us to create a culture where greatness is the expectation. The successful candidate will share our relentless drive to provide excellent learning experiences for every pupil, both in and out of the classroom. They will share our vision for a school where pupils take responsibility to ‘seize greatness’, achieve academic excellence and flourish as knowledgeable, confident, articulate responsible citizens, who live according to Ark Blake Values.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
This job post has expired.