Teacher of DT
2 days remaining to apply
Start date details
30 March 2023 at 11:59pm
8 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Standard Teacher Working Pattern
- MPS (Outer London) + £1,500 Harris Allowance
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Inspire, transform, teach! We are currently looking to appoint a dedicated and inspiring Teacher of DT.
At Harris Academy Rainham, you will join a dedicated team of teachers and staff supporting our excellent students. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow, inspire and develop, this may be the role for you.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Have successful teaching experience at secondary level (can be teaching practice), ideally including experience in multi-ethnic urban schools and of working in an 11-18 school
- Understand the theory and practice of effective teaching and learning
- Understand the importance of high expectations and equality of access for all students, and of being a tutor
- Have knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4, and of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students' work
- Be able to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff
- Have a good level of ICT skills, ideally including innovative use of interactive white boards
- Be able to create a motivating and safe learning environment for all students
- Be able to communicate positively with parents, carers and other external agencies where necessary
- Have good written and spoken communication skills
- Be able to lead and manage their own work effectively
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to motivate students and raise their aspirations through a range of strategies
What the school offers its staff
Harris Academy Rainham is a very popular and oversubscribed 11-16 academy which is part of the Harris Federation. We joined the Federation in September 2016 and there are exciting times ahead.
What makes us different:
- Our values are at the centre of our school and aren't simply a slogan on a website.
- We have a firm but fair approach to behaviour. This is built on the use of consistent routines and teaching our students how to behave.
- We deliver a knowledge rich curriculum that is developed by our staff to meet the needs of our students. The knowledge we teach takes our students beyond their everyday experiences and enables them to see the world differently.
- Our leaders are role models, they lead by example, admit mistakes, welcome opinions and love honest conversations.
- We are a staff united against educational disadvantage with a fierce determination to show our students the world beyond Havering.
What we can do for you:
- Great career progression both within our Academy and the Federation.
- Excellent professional development opportunities. As a Leading edge school we have been recognised as being at the forefront of educational thinking and research is central to all we do.
- Meaningful measures to manage workload – no graded observations, early finish on a Friday, no onerous marking requirements but sensible feedback policies.
- Bespoke support and line management from excellent leaders across the school.
- Opportunities for fantastic professional growth as the school develops a sixth from.
- A school where subjects are ‘front and centre' of all we do. The subject determines our pedagogy.
Further details about the role
The purpose of your role will be:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including lesson planning, developing resources and syllabuses, and contributing to the departmental plan)
- Curriculum planning
- Staff development (including continuing professional development and engaging fully in the Performance Management Review process)
- Quality assurance (including contributing to the process of monitoring and evaluating the subject area)
- Management of information (including maintaining appropriate records and tracking student progress)
- Communications with students, parents and other stakeholders
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, ensuring a high quality learning experience for students
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris Academy Rainham
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 906 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Rainham website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01708 552811
At Harris Academy Rainham we hold that our academy should provide students with a deep sense of belonging to a caring community, the belief in themselves and their unbounded potential and the opportunities to become more than they thought was possible. These are the values that we hold to be true and that drive our academy forward. Harris Academy Rainham joined the Harris Federation (a not-for-profit charity with 25 years of experience in education) in September 2016. In joining Harris, we have become part of a family of happy and highly successful primary and secondary schools in London and Essex and have the benefit of a team of experts in education who can provide teachers and leaders at Harris Rainham with a great deal of focused support. We teach in mixed ability groups, except in maths, which is divided into sets. Where students need extra help, our teachers coach them in small groups or provide one to one support. Special educational needs are catered for with care and expertise. Academy Ethos: We combine the traditional Harris values of excellent uniform, behaviour and manners with a modern approach to teaching and learning. Working closely with families to ensure that students are supported and nurtured, we work hard every day to make learning accessible to all of our students.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Design & Technology
The Chauncy School
Park Road, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0DP
Teacher of Art and Design Technology
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Teacher of Design Technology, including Food
Hornchurch High School
Broadstone Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM12 4AJ
Harris Academy Merton
Wide Way, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 1BP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock