|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Subject||Design and technology|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||MPS/UPR (OUTER LONDON)|
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of DT, who has the knowledge and love of their subject to inspire students, in a school where a ‘Love of Learning’ is evident in every student interaction.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a department where creativity merges with design and engineering to stunning effect. The dedicated work of the DT department and enthusiasm for the subject has resulted in two Sixth Form students recently receiving Arkwright Scholarships.
This post would suit someone able to teach Resistant Materials to KS4 and all areas at KS3. The successful candidate could be a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden their experiences in a high achieving context.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
• be able to teach Resistant Materials to KS4.
• be at an advantage if they can Product Design to KS5 and Food Technology to KS3
• be an excellent classroom practitioner
• be able to stretch and challenge able students to achieve highly
• have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
Teaching Staff benefits:
• Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme: the school contributes 23.68% of salary
• Generous Teaching & Learning Responsibility allowances to recognise positions of responsibility
• The opportunity to participate in a wide range of working parties to enhance and influence working practices and pedagogy irrespective of your experience
• A structured CPD programme with elements of selective CPD so that you can tailor your personal development to meet your needs
Applying for the job
Please apply using the attached job application formMore on how to apply
- DT full or part time advert Sept 2020.pdf  0.41 MB
- DT maternity cover teacher, Recruitment Information pack (teaching staff), Sept 2020.pdf  1.26 MB
- Job Description and Person Specification Sept 2020.pdf  0.67 MB
- The Tiffin Girls' School Teaching Staff Application Form MAY 2020.docx  0.06 MB
|School size||1190 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Tiffin Girls' School website (opens in a new window)|
|Contact phone number||02085460073|
About The Tiffin Girls' School
The Tiffin Girls’ School, a selective state school and stand-alone Academy, is a vibrant and happy community where the girls take centre stage. The school is currently home to 1,160 girls, aged between 11 and 18, and for 138 years has been providing an education where girls can live up to the school’s motto sapere aude - dare to be wise. The school prides itself on encouraging girls to aspire to excellence in everything they do, whether that be: academic excellence, a passion and enthusiasm for the creative and performing arts, sporting prowess, or student leadership. A broad and challenging curriculum sits alongside a stimulating and rewarding range of extracurricular activities, many of which are student-led, and these elements of school life combine to develop inquisitive, confident, dynamic and successful young women ready for their future lives as global citizens.
Arranging a visit to The Tiffin Girls' School
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Richmond Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 5PL
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed