Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Design and technology
Fixed term (Until 31 August 2022)
Teachers MPS £25,714to £36,961
PRIORY SCHOOL, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX
MIXED 11-16 COMPREHENSIVE
Teacher of DT
Main Pay Scale
Priory is a very successful school with an excellent reputation. The Governors of this successful school seek to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring teacher of DT, on a temporary, full time basis from September 2021 until 31 August 2022.
DT sits within the Technology faculty and benefits from a generous allocation of curriculum time. We are a department of five staff and have a range of up to date resources to support the delivery of the subject.
We currently offer DT as an examination course which is a popular option. Our exam results are consistently good, and we aspire to increase the range of courses that we offer at KS4. The school is proud of its outstanding CPD program, and you will be encouraged to develop your career both within the subject area, and within the wider school community.
The successful applicant will have:
• A commitment to high expectations, with the ability to inspire and challenge students.
• Develop targeted learning resources to support the diverse make-up of the student body.
• A proven track record of impacting upon students' learning.
• The ability to teach DT at KS3 and KS4.
• Ability to use a range of CAD software
• A clear understanding of current and future curriculum developments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• The attributes to be a strong form tutor.
• Qualified Teacher Status.
The post would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher. The Salary is Teachers Main Pay Scale £25,714 to £36,961 a year.
Applying for the job
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded directly from our school website at www.priory.e-sussex.sch.uk under ‘staff vacancies’. For any queries please contact the Personnel Officer, Priory School, Mountfield Road, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2XN. Telephone: 01273 476231.
Please return application forms to the Personnel Officer at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 23rd April 2021.
More on how to apply
Interviews to be held in the week commencing: 3rd May 2021
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.