Teacher of DT
Do you have a passion for DT and the tenacity to drive and improve the outcomes for students?
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a drive for excellence and a desire to be outstanding!
• Is highly organised, motivated and driven to succeed
• Is a specialist in DT and committed to the progress of ALL students
• Is a team member who will collaborate with colleagues to ensure the progress of students
• Has enthusiasm, presence and authority who can deliver consistently
The Hastings Academy require an experienced DT teacher to join our enthusiastic team who is able to contribute to raising standards in the classroom from KS3 to KS4. The English team have raised attainment year on year and are committed to changing the life chances of our students.
Please do have a look at the job description and person specification for more information about the role. The role will commence on either Monday 4th November 2019 or Monday 6th January 2020, depending on the candidate's availability.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Harriet Catt, PA to the Principal on 01424 711950
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date or close the role early if sufficient applications are received.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In order to apply or to view the Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our careers site at: https://careers.brightonacademiestrust.org.uk/
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status (although unqualified teachers will be considered if they are pursuing a teacher training route)
Essential skills and experience
Ethos, Skills and Knowledge
• Commitment to fully inclusive education
• Commitment to the pursuit of high standards – academic and behavioural
• Commitment to staff participation in decision making
• Commitment to quality provision for SEN students
• Commitment to equal opportunities
• The ability to work in a fast moving and constantly changing environment
• Effective teaching, student management and communication skills
• Vision, warmth, energy, resilience, enthusiasm and caring
As an employee of University of Brighton Academies Trust, we can offer you:
• The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Trust thorough our commitment to your continued professional development.
• A strong and supportive leadership team, dedicated to the development of staff and students
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
• Access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
About The Hastings Academy
Our staff are rightly proud to be effecting change at The Hastings Academy and believe that the education provided to our students, will enable them to find success, be happy in their learning and achieve their goals. We greatly value and encourage our community to work with us in our endeavour to help each child realise their potential and we are relentless in pursuing every avenue and form of support to ensure we fulfil this promise. All who work and are a part of The Hastings Academy are continually striving to ensure we are the academy of choice for our community and therefore, we actively encourage prospective parents, carers and students to come and visit our place of learning. We look forward to seeing you.
- Rye Road, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 5DN
- The Hastings Academy website (opens in a new window)