Teacher of Early Years or Year 1 (depending on experience)
This job expired on 21 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
21 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
22 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1
- View all Full timejobs - 37.5 hours per week
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 1 Year
Full-time equivalent salary
- Between £30,000 and £39,500
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Enthusiastic & dynamic, with a strong understanding of teaching, learning and assessment;
- Committed to ongoing professional development and engaging in research based teaching methods;
- Creative with a keen eye for detail;
- Committed to putting children’s education at the centre of everything that happens in the school;
- Be determined to make a difference;
- Be willing and able to contribute to the wider school community;
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with children, parents & staff;
- Have strong skills in behaviour management;
What the school offers its staff
- Above everything, Hunningley is a great place to work.
- Opportunities for professional development, within our school and our Trust;
- An opportunity to work in a charitable organisation that is focused on improving the lives of disadvantaged children; the core value of the Trust is “The Best in Everyone”;
- Fantastic children who are enthusiastic, eager to learn and who relish a challenge;
- A supportive, forward thinking leadership team and governing body;
- A welcoming and vibrant local community;
- A friendly, hard-working and committed staff;
- A welcoming and attractive learning environment in which to work, where everyone is valued;
- A chance to make a difference.
Further details about the role
Our school is very much a family where everyone is valued and recognised as an individual. It is a place where talents and interests are nurtured and all are encouraged to aim for the stars and be the very best that they can be. We believe that every child has the ability to shine given the right care and support and that our similarities and differences are things we celebrate with pride.
The life of our school is driven by our core values of Respect, Confidence, Enthusiasm, Creativity, Ambition, and Determination. Learning is brought to life through high quality lessons, real life experiences and opportunities to recall and apply knowledge previously learned. Our teaching team use high quality resources, have the highest expectations for all and instil in our children, a belief that anything is possible with hard work, courage and determination. We believe that every child can thrive given the right teaching and support.
We pride ourselves on a team of staff who are supportive, friendly and dedicated to providing the very best teaching and learning for our students. Staff across the school set a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement for children, which, in turn, is reflected in the emphasis we place on continuing professional development (CPD) for our staff.
As part of United Learning, staff and students access professional development, shared experiences and national opportunities with colleagues and others from across the country. Likewise, as part of a cluster of United Learning academies in the area, there are significant opportunities for joint working, career development and leadership positions.
About Hunningley Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 382 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hunningley Primary Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01226 284867
Primary school with Nursery, last rated by Ofsted as 'Good'
Arranging a visit to Hunningley Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Horton Grange Primary School
Spencer Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 2EU
Towngate Primary Academy
Whitley Spring Road, Ossett, West Yorkshire, WF5 0QA
Hunter's Bar Junior School
Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S11 8ZG
Boothroyd Primary Academy
Temple Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF13 3QE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Barnsley