Teacher of Economics and Business Studies
Wood Green School is seeking to recruit an excellent par time Teacher of Economics and Business Studies. Wood Green is an oversubscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, and everything is underpinned by our LEARNWell values.
The right candidate – Teacher of Economics and Business Studies
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Economics and Business Studies to join our successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent part-time post from September 2020.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for Economics and Business Studies
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the Economics and Business Studies Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• A Department that achieves outstanding outcomes and has a drive to improve
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy Economics and Business Studies.
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
To apply for the post of Teacher of Economics and Business Studies please complete:
1. A letter that:
• includes your reasons for applying for this post,
• sets out your approach to excellent Economics and Business Studies teaching
2. An Acer Trust application form. You may use the section ‘ Relevant Experience’ to share any additional information, relevant experience and success
Your application form and letter should be submitted to Faith Green, email@example.com
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.
Essential educational requirements
Good undergraduate degree or equivalent
QTS or PGCE
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach Science at KS 3, 4 and 5 and Biology to KS5
About Wood Green School
Wood Green is an over subscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our strong reputation and results improving year on year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, and everything is underpinned by our LEARNWell values.
- Woodstock Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1DX
- Wood Green School website (opens in a new window)