Teacher of Engineering and/or other Design & Technology Subject
The Westwood Academy is a popular and progressive academy driving hard to move from good to outstanding. We require a permanent Teacher of Engineering or related Design & Technology subject, for example metalwork, woodwork or Graphic Design for example. You will work alongside with and support the Head of Faculty and assist pupils with a passion for engineering and Design and Technology to achieve their goals. Ideally we would like a January 2020 start date (or earlier) but would welcome applications from you for a later start date - we are looking for the right candidate and this is more important that immediate availability.
The Westwood Academy offers the best of all school environments. Our strengths include
• A small, community school which has a supportive, family feel and yet has the highest expectations of our wonderful staff and pupil team
• Exceptionally strong relationships between staff and pupils
• An excellent reputation in the local community
• A stunning environment in which to work
• A strong professional development programme at all levels of the organisation with teaching and learning at the heart of what we do
• An academic curriculum which continues to be enriched by sport, the creative arts and around 30 different clubs and societies
• Pupils who love to come to school and are proud of The Westwood Academy
In our most recent OfSTED inspection (October 2017) we were graded ‘good’ and our journey towards outstanding was noted. Recently, the governing bodies of The Westwood Academy and the prestigious Kenilworth School came together to form a Multi-Academy Trust (KMAT) and so you will be joining us at the start of this exciting journey. In addition, you will be joining a team made up of staff who have been working with us for 40 years through to new teachers to the profession. NQT’s are welcome to apply.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in appropriate subject. Maths and English to GCSE.
QTS or working towards
Essential skills and experience
Ideally the right candidate will have experience of teaching Engineering to GCSE and skills or interests in other design & Technology subjects
As a school in the Kenilworth Multi Academy Trust (a teaching school) employees benefit from an extensive and bespoke CPD programme. A subject specific TLR may be available for the right candidate.
About The Westwood Academy
The Westwood Academy is a school in the Kenilworth Multi Academy Trust
- Mitchell Avenue, Coventry, West Midlands, CV4 8DY
- The Westwood Academy website (opens in a new window)