Teacher of Engineering
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and engaging Engineering Teacher to join our Team. The successful candidate will teach aspects of our Level 3 Engineering BTEC Extended Diploma and may contribute to Level 2 Engineering, GCSE Design Technology and NCFE Graphic Design. The profile of the successful candidate will in part determine the courses they teach, and the structure of their timetable.
We will give equal consideration to colleagues from school and FE backgrounds, with support provided for staff to achieve QTS where necessary. The successful candidate will also be a Tutor in either key stage 4 or 5.
We require a colleague who has:
• A passion for their subject and the ability to link learning to the real world;
• A proven level of excellence in the classroom at KS4 and KS5 or an NQT with significant potential;
• Exceptional drive and excellent interpersonal skills;
• A willingness to contribute to all aspects of UTC life including our enrichment programme.
In return we offer:
• Teaching at KS4 and KS5 with students who are determined to succeed in their chosen field;
• State of the art facilities in a purpose-built £15million Engineering and Digital Technologies environment;
• The opportunity to work in a small, motivated and dynamic team at a time of great change and potential;
• A professional, business led organisation with unparalleled CPD opportunities and support from SGS College, Gloucestershire University and many business partners.SGS Academy Trust is a Multi Academy Trust, which was formed in response to the request of the Regional Schools Commissioner, Sir David Carter in November 2014.
Essential educational requirements
Teaching qualification, First Degree
Essential skills and experience
Subject knowledge, An understanding of barriers to learning and how to overcome these, Excellent classroom practitioner with knowledge, understanding & practical application of effective learning & teaching strategies in order to raise standards, Clear vision for & track record of raising achievement, including strategies for dealing with underachievement, Understanding of behaviour for learning, Knowledge & understanding of the implications of current educational issues related to the 14-19 agenda, Experience of working with SEND, G&T, ASD students
Pension scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Free parking, On-site restuarant
About SGS Berkeley Green UTC
- , Berkeley, Gloucestershire, GL13 9FB
- Free School
- SGS Berkeley Green UTC website (opens in a new window)