Teacher of Engineering
We are looking for a Teacher of Engineering to join our special team commencing in April 2020. We are seeking excellent teachers who are able to teach up to A Level, will secure excellent rates of student progress, are confident and highly organised team players.
If you are currently in industry and are seriously considering moving into educating young adults, UTC Portsmouth offers the best kind of environment: excellent facilities, very supportive colleagues and outstanding students.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree
Qualified Teacher Status (or FE/HE equivalent)
Evidence of commitment to Continuing Professional Development
Strong academic background. PGCE, QTS/QTLS
Essential skills and experience
The post holder will be passionate, committed and enthusiastic about teaching engineering. The ideal candidate will have the ability and experience to teach all aspects of mechanical engineering. A recognised qualification in teaching would be an advantage. However, the college would welcome applications from suitably qualified mechanical engineers with an aptitude and interest in teaching.
The successful candidate will have:
- An effective teaching career, with a track record of above-average exam outcomes for students (or, if they are a NQT, good references from their training establishment and/or placement schools)
-Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to inspire young people
What can we offer you?
- a modern, purpose built and well equipped college
- state of the art facilities and resources
- the opportunity to teach and work with highly motivated students and parents
- a small, cohesive and mutually supportive staff team
- access to the Teacher Pension Scheme
- established links to employer partners and access to new and emerging partners
- access to an online Employee Benefits Portal offering access to a - wide range of discounts and offers
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering personal, physical, emotional and wellbeing advice and guidance
About UTC Portsmouth
UTC Portsmouth presents a modern and very different opportunity in the area for teachers and students alike. Our students have made a conscious decision to choose us over their existing school or other FE options. They are passionate about science, technology (including computing), engineering and maths (STEM) while we also ensure a sound academic base through the high quality provision of GCSE and A Level English. They have been attracted by the opportunity to work with a wide range of committed employer partners and alongside like-minded students, both through their academic studies and through a range of employer-led projects. They expect to be taught by excellent teachers, and want to learn and be successful academically and professionally. Leading and teaching in UTC Portsmouth will be challenging. But, it is highly rewarding, as many of our teachers have already found and you have the opportunity to shape UTC Portsmouth as it develops and, more importantly, shape the futures of many young people.
- London Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 9DU
- Free School
- UTC Portsmouth website (opens in a new window)