||Suitable for NQTs
||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971
We are looking for a Teacher of Engineering to join our special team commencing in April 2020. We are seeking excellent teachers who are able to teach up to A Level, will secure excellent rates of student progress, are confident and highly organised team players.
If you are currently in industry and are seriously considering moving into educating young adults, UTC Portsmouth offers the best kind of environment: excellent facilities, very supportive colleagues and outstanding students.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree
Qualified Teacher Status (or FE/HE equivalent)
Evidence of commitment to Continuing Professional Development
Strong academic background. PGCE, QTS/QTLS
Essential skills and experience
The post holder will be passionate, committed and enthusiastic about teaching engineering. The ideal candidate will have the ability and experience to teach all aspects of mechanical engineering. A recognised qualification in teaching would be an advantage. However, the college would welcome applications from suitably qualified mechanical engineers with an aptitude and interest in teaching.
The successful candidate will have:
- An effective teaching career, with a track record of above-average exam outcomes for students (or, if they are a NQT, good references from their training establishment and/or placement schools)
-Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to inspire young people
What can we offer you?
More on how to apply
- a modern, purpose built and well equipped college
- state of the art facilities and resources
- the opportunity to teach and work with highly motivated students and parents
- a small, cohesive and mutually supportive staff team
- access to the Teacher Pension Scheme
- established links to employer partners and access to new and emerging partners
- access to an online Employee Benefits Portal offering access to a - wide range of discounts and offers
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering personal, physical, emotional and wellbeing advice and guidance