- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (January 2022 to 31st August 2022)
- MPS / UPS (fringe area)
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
CROXLEY DANES SCHOOL
MPS/UPS (Fringe Area)
Fixed Term Contract: 1st January to 31st August 2022
We are seeking a fixed term, full-time English Teacher who will be able to contribute positively to the work of the English Department. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to teach English to GCSE. This role is suitable for NQTs or experienced colleagues.
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A passion for English and for education in its widest sense
• Experience of teaching English at KS3 and KS4 (or KS5) is desirable but not essential
• A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school.
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes at 9.00am on Wednesday 27th October 2021, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should suitable applicants be found.
• Interview date: as soon as possible thereafter.
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at email@example.com
Website: www.croxleydanes.org.uk. / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire WD3 3LR
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 658 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Croxley Danes School
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand-new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building with a capacity for over 1200 students. The permanent site for the school comprises 12.3 hectares. This far surpasses the need for a six-form entry school, therefore the space afforded to the students on site is, compared to other local schools, second to none. Furthermore, the permanent school building has been meticulously designed to ensure both students and staff experience a first-class learning environment.
The Danes Educational Trust currently comprises nine schools: St Clement Danes School, Croxley Danes School, Chancellor’s School, Onslow St Audrey’s School, De Havilland Primary School, Elstree Screen Arts Academy, Ascot Road Primary School, Jupiter Primary School and Lanchester Primary School. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE is the CEO of the Danes Educational Trust. She was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of all nine schools. If appointed, you will benefit from working within an established, outstanding Trust whilst also contributing to the education of the first cohorts of students in a new school at an exciting stage in its development.
We are heavily over-subscribed with 840 students across Years 7-11 who are aspirational, confident and have excellent attitudes to learning. They are extremely proud of being the first cohorts of students in a brand-new school and excited about the future. Staff overwhelmingly report that they are delightful to teach and fun to have in the classroom. Their behaviour is excellent.
We look for talented and committed people and work hard to keep them, helping them to reach their full potential. In return we offer exceptional CPD opportunities.
You should possess excellent communication and organisational skills, be hard working, flexible and professional. You should have high expectations of students, colleagues and yourself, displaying energy and enthusiasm in and out of the classroom, contributing to the school’s overall success. A willingness to contribute to other areas of school life would be welcome.
The staff team is a happy and stable one; the students are capable, conscientious and self-motivated learners. Have a look at our website's news pages to get a taste of the student experience or follow us on Twitter @croxleydanes.
The school is close to beautiful countryside - Google images of the Chess Valley for a taste - and on the Metropolitan line into London. A few minutes from Jct 18 of the M25, the school is close to towns regularly voted as some of the best places in the UK to live and raise a family and, although an affluent part of the country, there is plenty of affordable housing in nearby Watford and its surroundings.
I want Croxley Danes School to be outstanding and a strong part of the local community. If you share our commitment to educational excellence, we want to hear from you. If you choose to apply for a job with the Trust, you will join a happy, successful team whilst making a wise investment in your future career.
If you would like to organise a visit to the school or if you would like to discuss any position in more detail then please contact Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Danes Educational Trust
The Trust’s core values are:
• We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
• We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
• We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
• We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
• We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
• We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all
Websites - www.croxleydanes.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
Mr S Thompson
Arranging a visit to Croxley Danes School
Please contact Dwan Gamble to arrange this