|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £31,151 to £47,337|
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Second in Charge to support the Senior Leadership Team realise our Trust’s vision that every student will leave RTS with excellent academic outcomes and a clear purpose for the next stage of their lives.
We are seeking individuals who:
● Have clear values and moral purpose, focused on ensuring excellent educational outcomes for all students
● Can communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, and build positive relationships with all stakeholders
● Have a track record as an outstanding classroom practitioner
● Have proven experience of empowering students and staff to achieve their best
● Can demonstrate high degrees of personal integrity, creativity and resilience
● Have experience of developing their own expertise and skills, and that of those around them
● Have strong organisational and ICT skills
Essential educational requirements
● Good Honours degree
● Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
● Relevant teaching experience or teaching practice in the subject.
● Experience of teaching a wide range of abilities.
The school is well placed for excellent transport links whether travelling by foot, cycle, car, bus or train.
● There are ample secure cycle racks for staff to use (as well as staff showering facilities on site), as well as access to a ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
● The site also has a secure, controlled access car park for staff to use with direct access to the A316.
● The school is well served by local bus routes in all directions; and is within easy walking distance to Twickenham train station, which is in Zone 3 and well served by South Western Trains. The station is currently undergoing major redevelopment with a new station building and access due to open by Spring 2020.
There is a focus on developing community and positive staff wellbeing through
● Quiz nights;
● Free yoga and relaxation sessions;
● Staff-led fitness;
● Staff ‘pique-nique’ events;
● Seasonal gatherings;
● Free tea and coffee in the light and airy staff social room
Continuing professional development has a strong focus. There is an extensive programme available which extends to internal and external specialists, as well as partnerships with other educational and business providers.
Reciprocal school visits are encouraged with existing arrangements already in place.
● Membership of a pension scheme is available.
● The school has a two-week Autumn half-term break.
● RTS is proud of its well-established links within the community and has an active PTA. We welcome and encouraged local businesses and groups to join us during the annual Summer and Christmas Fairs.
|School type||Free School|
|School size||444 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Richmond upon Thames School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Richmond upon Thames School
Egerton Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW2 7SL