Looking for your first job or a new role?
Do you want a new, exciting challenge?
Teacher of English
An Exciting Opportunity to join Nova Hreod Academy - the most improved school in Swindon
Bordering on the beautiful Cotswolds and within commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, Reading and Oxford
Salary: Highly competitive
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP or September 2023
We are looking for an English Teacher to join our dynamic English team. As well as welcoming applications from experienced teachers and those relocating to the area, the school can offer an excellent support network and induction programme for Newly Qualified Teachers who are committed to helping young people realise their potential.
Nova Hreod Academy is an ambitious school with a track record of continuous improvement. Our school ethos is rooted in our core principles of Drive, Integrity, Scholarship and Contribution. As our students develop these attributes during their time with us, they move towards adulthood, better prepared to take on the challenges they will face. We want all our students to flourish academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment.
We are proud to have a knowledge rich curriculum, research informed teaching and amazing facilities. Teachers joining our team receive excellent CPD to develop their subject knowledge, their pedagogy and their classroom management. They have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources.
We guarantee structures which enable disruption free learning in every lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a culture which is calm and respectful. We have a dedicated team of non-teaching, pastoral and SEN staff working with SLT and teachers to support pupils.
Our house system, student leadership opportunities, Nova Charter and SuperNova extra-curricular programme ensure our students have an extensive range of opportunities to develop character, demonstrate compassion and contribute to the community.
We are looking for an English teacher who:
- is passionate about their subject and is a great practitioner with high expectations and good classroom management,
- is interested in the science of learning and is committed to continuous improvement,
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to contribute to a team,
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life,
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students.
Nova Hreod Academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers,
- a superb building with state-of-the-art facilities,
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff,
- a rigorous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership team,
- a committed team of English teachers who have been working together to develop their Mastery Curriculum,
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body,
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher.
Nova Hreod Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.