- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
We require a Teacher of English for January 2022, or sooner if possible. The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner, keen to develop leadership skills in the English Faculty at Lord Grey and will have excellent subject knowledge.
The successful candidate:
• will have a strong commitment to teaching and learning in English
• will be an effective classroom practitioner committed to raising standards for all students
• will be able to teach English at Key Stages 3 and 4. An ability to teach Key Stage 5 would also be beneficial
• will be fully committed to enabling all students to achieve well and make good progress
• the drive and determination to motivate colleagues and students
• a creative and energetic approach to teaching and management
• good organisational skills
• the vision to develop the courses currently offered
• open to change, new ideas and innovation.
Why choose Lord Grey Academy?
• Culture of high expectations and a strong belief that all can achieve
• Very clear routines for learning so that teachers can teach and students can learn
• Culture of support and feedback for staff
• Highly visible student-centred Leadership Team
• Positive, supportive and friendly colleagues
• Weekly CPD and regular opportunities to benefit from working with other schools in the Trust.
The right candidate will be totally aligned to our values of encouraging all students to be ambitious, determined, independent, respectful and successful and completely committed to promoting our mantra of Lord Grey Can!
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 1449 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Lord Grey Academy
Lord Grey Academy is an exciting and vibrant learning community where students enjoy great success in and outside of the classroom. Our Academy motto: Lord Grey Can is important to us as we prepare our students for successful adult lives in an increasingly competitive world.
Lord Grey Academy is popular and is the first choice school locally. We have a strong focus on academic achievement throughout the school and develop our young people to be independent and resilient learners. We are immensely proud of our inclusive ethos and of the positive relationships that we build with parents and the local community. We believe that all students can achieve.