Teacher of English
This job expired on 19 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
19 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
21 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1 FTE required Flexible working and part time hours will also be welcomed
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for:
- An ambitious teacher who is committed to securing high standards of learning and teaching across the three key stages.
- Someone who has outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong classroom presence to maintain a positive learning environment.
- A motivated professional who is committed to learning new skills and willing to collaborate with others in the department to improve their own teaching.
- An evidence-informed teacher who is confident with planning, assessment, intervention and data tracking to work within the department’s performance goals.
- A reflective teacher who adapts their lessons to suit specific students and give them the best learning experience possible.
- Someone who is enthusiastic about increasing student participation in English education as well as committed to leading extra-curricular activities.
- Someone committed to high expectations, ensuring outcomes lead to outstanding attainment for all through explicit and deliberate teaching of knowledge and skills.
- Someone who has high aspirations and who is driven to succeed.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- A very well-resourced and organised team that is committed to co-planning using educational research.
- A school which has a comprehensive CPD programme which capitalises on the strengths of all teacher and focuses on coaching and co-planning to develop teaching practice.
- The opportunity to teach up to A-level for our sixth form cohort.
- A supportive and strong team, which recognises the importance of staff wellbeing.
- A school that has a special support centre for students with physical and sensory needs.
- A school with good transport links.
Further details about the role
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
1.0 Permanent FTE required from September 2023
Closing date: Wednesday 19th April 2023
Interview date: Week of 24th April 2023
This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to work in the English department. We are looking for an English Teacher who can join our creative department and help to maximise our students' achievement and development across KS3, 4 and 5.
Flexible working and part time hours will be welcomed.
‘Staff are enthusiastic about working at the school. They are also very positive about leaders’ attention to their well-being. Leaders are considerate of staff workload.’ – Ofsted report 2022
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Angmering School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1315 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Angmering School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01903 778322
We are a happy and successful school where all are committed to learning and where everyone is challenged to do their best. We believe success comes in all forms and that in addition to gaining good qualifications, students should leave us as good citizens. Our curriculum builds on the Key Stage 2 curriculum and provides both breadth and stretch for pupils as they progress towards GCSE/BTEC and then post-16 courses. We are ambitious for every child and promote a Growth Mindset in order to break down any barriers to progress. In addition to a rich curriculum and great teaching we offer a varied programme of activities. This enables staff to follow their interests and develop a broad experience which will help prepare our students for adulthood. The care we extend to all our students is epitomised by the Lavinia Norfolk Centre where students with disabilities are integrated fully into the daily life of the school. We would love you be part of our school. In addition you may also wish to check out our website, Facebook and Twitter pages which give a daily view of school life and let you see what we stand for and how we work. We welcome visitors so please contact us if you would like to come and meet us. “Aspire, Achieve, Angmering.”
Arranging a visit to The Angmering School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of English (maternity cover)
Purbrook Park School
Park Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 5DS
Peacehaven Community School
Greenwich Way, Peacehaven, East Sussex, BN10 8RB
Holy Trinity CofE Secondary School, Crawley
Buckswood Drive, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 8JE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Sussex