1328 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About The Stockwood Park Academy
Teacher of English
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a Teacher of English who wants to make a real difference in supporting students and furthering the success of the department. We are on a really exciting journey of growth and development. We have a lively debating team and the student voice is led by a member of English across the school. We run Accelerated Reader and are continuing to offer a comprehensive extra-curricular timetable.
Our English team are passionate about delivering the AQA English curriculum in an engaging, lively and inspiring way and we are, therefore, looking for someone creative who thinks outside of the box and believes in change.
At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Stockwood Park Academy! Experienced teachers and NQTs welcome.
· To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
· To use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives and the range of pupil needs, and ensure equal opportunity for all pupils
· To ensure continuity, progression and cohesiveness in all teaching.
· To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
· To have a thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum programmes of study, level descriptors and specifications for examination courses.
The successful candidate will have
· A love of English language and literature and is able to teach both KS3 and KS4.
· Resilient hardworking, experience of a diverse, fast-paced multi-cultural school with good behaviour management
· Demonstrate an understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English.
· Ability to monitor and evaluate teaching and learning.
· Ability to deliver high quality lessons, evaluate the impact of these and develop future planning accordingly.
· Excellent communication and team-working skills
· Passion, creativity and energy towards your subject area and educating young people.
Start date September 2021
Salary MPS/UPS £25,714-£41,604 (dependant of experience)
Job Role Full time, Permanent for the right candidate
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Arranging a visit to The Stockwood Park Academy
School visits are welcome please contact Jay Powell 01582211226 or email@example.com