Teacher of English and Drama (temporary for one year)
Notre Dame High School, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time, job share|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year|
The appointed member of staff would teach across Key Stage 3 and 4, with the possibility of Key Stage 5 English Language. The ability to teach Drama at Key Stage 3 and 4 would be an advantage.
We have a well-established and thriving English department of 13 teachers including 5 part-time members of staff. The department is run by two joint Heads of Department, supported by two members of staff with KS3 responsibility.
This is a temporary one year position. Although it is a full-time post we will consider part-time applications.
At Notre Dame the ongoing professional development of all staff is a key priority. Our view is that we can always improve, not because we are not good enough but because we can be even better at what we do and that this in turn will ensure the very best outcomes for our students. We also aim to help staff to be ready for their ‘next step’ in their careers whatever that might be.
In order to achieve these aims we;
• have an ethos of ‘learning together’ through joint practice development which is conducted in a supportive and developmental way. Staff are encouraged to take risks and use research and evidence based approaches to improve their classroom practice.
• Encourage staff to be reflective and take the lead in their own professional development so that their individual needs are met
• Assign Learning improvement coaches to all departments to provide bespoke training and development
• Have a three year NQT and RQT programme to fully support those new to the profession. This involves meeting together in groups to share and develop best practice and working with a coach on an individual basis
• Provide trainee mentoring programmes for those moving in to new positions for example middle and senior leadership
Applying for the job
Please visit our school website or e-mail email@example.com for further details and to apply.More on how to apply
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||1461 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Notre Dame High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Notre Dame High School
Notre Dame is a Catholic school with a strong ethos at its heart. All staff are expected to uphold and contribute to the ethos of the school, which is what makes it a special place to work.
The ability and enthusiasm to contribute to extra-curricular activities in school would be an advantage.
Fulwood Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 3BT