Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Liverpool College Salary Scale, between L1 (£25,716) - L9 (£41,604) dependent upon experience
ABOUT THE ROLE:
To work as part of the growing English team and deliver high quality teaching in order for all students to make good progress in school.
Working under the direction of The Head of English Faculty, the teacher has the following responsibilities:
- To evaluate the teaching and learning strategies and resources deployed
- To be accountable for students’ attainment, achievement and progress in the classes taught
- To assess appropriately and timely, providing impactful feedback to pupils and parents
- To stay up to date with developments in teaching and learning of students, including remote learning provision where necessary
- To ensure a duty of care at all times to safeguard and promote the welfare of all students
- To contribute to the moral and spiritual development of students
- To support school policy
The successful candidate will make a full contribution to the pastoral and extra-curricular life of this busy and successful school. The College can offer strong support for NQTs, well-motivated and enthusiastic students, and excellent facilities.
We require an enthusiastic and positive individual, committed to the well-being of children and young people, who has:
- Good honours degree in English or relevant degree
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Successful experience working in a secondary environment teaching KS3 and KS4
- Experience of teaching students with a diverse range of learning needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Functional Skills English (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of the KS1 and 2 English curriculum (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applying for the job
A job description, person specification, application form and equality monitoring form can be downloaded here. Please email your completed application form to Linda Harley, HR Administrator, at email@example.com . Alternatively, you can post completed applications to Liverpool College, Queens Drive, Mossley Hill, Liverpool L18 8BG.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1489 pupils enrolled
4 to 19
About Liverpool College
Liverpool College is a mixed ability 4-19 Academy of some 1500 pupils. The College is situated on a leafy 28-acre campus located in the Mossley Hill area of Liverpool adjacent to Sefton Park.
The College was founded in 1840 and was a founding member of the Headmaster’s Conference and was a fee-paying school until September 2013, when it became an all-through academy for pupils aged 4 to 19 years old. The College also offers state boarding provision. In the last few years, it has become one of the most over-subscribed schools in the North of England.
Liverpool College was judged Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted at its last inspection in November 2019.
The College is guided by its motto: Not Only the Intellect but also Character. Our mission and unique approach to the education of the whole child is further explained at www.learningwithcharacter.org.uk . We seek to focus on the individual and develop in everything we do at school the three key traits of our learners: Purpose, Passion and Challenge. Our commitment to Learning with Character and our three core traits create a cohesive community across the entire campus and ensure we continue our founders’ intention to make the formation of character a prime purpose of education. Above all, Liverpool College is a happy, successful and outward-looking school with a clear mission and an undiluted belief in the importance of educating the whole person.
Liverpool College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Liverpool College is an equal opportunities employer.