- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- English, Media studies
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until 31st August 2022)
- Main Pay Scale 1 to Upper Pay Scale 3, £25,714 to £41,604
At the end of each day, wouldn't you like to reflect on the difference you made rather than the battles you fought? We are looking for an inspirational and well-qualified English specialist to join our experienced and expanding English department at Amery Hill School on either 1st November 2021 or 1st January 2022.
You will join a high-performing, motivated and cohesive team who support students to achieve excellent results at GCSE. We offer an excellent induction programme alongside a supportive working environment.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to make a substantial contribution to the growth and development of Amery Hill School. The role offers the successful candidate a challenge that will be both rewarding and fulfilling and will support you to achieve your own personal career goals and aspirations.
You should be:
• An outstanding classroom practitioner of English
• Passionate about engaging students with the English curriculum, and enriching this curriculum in line with our ethos of "Opportunity; Progress; Care"
• Enthusiastic and full of ideas, with the drive to make things happen
• Able to monitor and evaluate the performance of your students, contributing to the English department’s continuous drive for improvement
• Able to enthuse students to achieve their full potential
• Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice
• Able to commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
In return for your commitment we can offer:
• A school and a senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement
• A supportive and reflective department
• Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
• A stimulating, attractive and welcoming learning environment
• An approach which supports and stimulates professional growth
If you are an ECT, joining Amery Hill School would be an excellent start to your teaching career with benefits including:
• an established and extensive ECT programme
• support and expertise of departmental mentors
• a tailor-made whole school professional development programme
• support network of other ECTs across subject areas
Amery Hill School - Education for life
‘The caring and stimulating culture you have created encourages all pupils to do their best’
(OFSTED Feb. 2017)
Amery Hill School is a welcoming and supportive learning community where all students are encouraged to become independent, creative, active and resilient learners with the empathy to respond responsibly and morally to the challenges of this ever-changing world.
Delivering our vision, for every child, every day
We aim for academic excellence and achievement for all of our students. We inspire and develop a genuine love of learning through the dedication of our staff in creating an ambitious educational environment that is exciting and accessible to all. This is supported by a wide range of extra-curricular activities and enrichment opportunities for students to explore and deepen their own interests. When our students leave Amery Hill they are excited about the opportunities for further learning, direct their own educational journey and embrace life’s lessons with resilience and creativity.
We treat our students as individuals. We work hard to identify and enhance each student’s strengths, focussing attention on personal development so that their time at Amery Hill is not just about a journey to academic success but also one of self-understanding. Our aim is that on leaving Amery Hill our students can think, learn and cope independently so that they have the confidence to seize life’s opportunities and make a real contribution to the communities where they live and work.
We create a culture that is happy, safe and supportive, to enable our students to be both confident in expressing their own individuality whilst also having the capacity to respect, foster and embrace new ideas and principles: to be willing to accept feelings, habits and beliefs that are different from their own.
For further information visit our Website at http://www.ameryhill.hants.sch.uk/. Applications should be addressed to Mr Stephen Mann, Headteacher and may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed Amery Hill School application form is required of all candidates as part of the application process. A Curriculum Vitae (CV) is not required and will, therefore, not be considered within the short listing process.
We are committed to safeguarding, follow a strict recruitment process and carry out enhanced DBS checks.
This job post has expired.