Teacher of English and Media
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- M1 to M6
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Be expected to teach English across key stages 3 and 4.
- Be able to teach Media across key stages 4 and 5. We currently offer A Level Media and we will introduce Media at key stage 4 in September.
- Have strong subject knowledge in English and Media.
- Be able to engage and motivate students enabling them to fulfil their potential.
- Be innovative, creative and enthusiastic with a determination to achieve the best for their students.
- Be able to inspire students through consistently high quality teaching across all of the ability ranges in years 7-11. Have the potential for successful teaching in years 12-13.
- Be able to work in a team and support colleagues and departmental initiatives.
What the school offers its staff
- Subject specific mentoring and support at all key stages.
- Focused subject specific support in developing your teaching and learning strategies.
- A comprehensive package of support covering whole school issues as well as an excellent ECF, RQT and Leadership at all Levels CPD programme.
- A supportive, friendly and committed staff.
- Whole school and bespoke CPD opportunities.
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Access to a network of external partnerships.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Holy Family Catholic High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 939 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Holy Family is an ambitious, high achieving, 11-18 mixed Voluntary Aided School, where young people feel safe and happy. We aim to create a supportive, caring but challenging environment for our young people, giving them the self-confidence and belief to realise their ambitions. We are aspirational for them all and strive to meet the needs of every child, irrespective of ability, to ensure they maximise their potential both in and out of the classroom.
Arranging a visit to Holy Family Catholic High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Eden Boys' School, Preston
Adelaide Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 4BD
Lytham St Annes High School
Worsley Road, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, FY8 4DG
King's Leadership Academy Bolton
Lever Edge Lane, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL3 3LA
Highfield Leadership Academy
Highfield Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 3JZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Liverpool and Merseyside