Teacher of English - Blessed Hugh Faringdon School
14 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
13 April 2023 at 11:59pm
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685 - £1,000 “Golden Hello”
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and forward-thinking Teacher of English to join our experienced department. As a teacher at BHFCS, you must be an excellent classroom practitioner dedicated to seeing every pupil achieve their maximum potential. If you are looking for a school that will help you to grow, inspire and develop, this maybe the role for you.
What we are looking for:
- A professional who is forward thinking and capable of inspiring students through their passion for English
- A successful teacher who believes in bringing out the best in every student and who believes in the potential of all
- A team player who will work alongside the strong department to continually evaluate and improve their quality of teaching and learning
- An individual who has the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
- Applications are welcome from ECTs/NQTs, from more experienced colleagues who are looking for a change or someone considering returning to teaching where you will be fully supported
Why choose our school?
- Join a highly successful English team that has an exceptional track record for training teachers
- We offer excellent opportunities for professional development and a bespoke programme of support and training based on individual needs
- Small A level classes ensuring high quality of teaching and progress at Key Stage 5
- A unique ethos due to our Catholic identity with students at the heart of all that we do
We offer an exciting, highly engaging, diverse, creative and innovative curriculum enriched with events and trips including theatre, Media and Enterprise events.
We teach the AQA Literature and Language course at GCSE and offer Media and Literature at A Level with students performing very well at both levels.
Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School is a successful and oversubscribed school.
What the school offers its staff
An application form can be downloaded from our website https://www.hughfaringdon.org/home/join-us/vacancies/
Further information can also be obtained from Karyn Stiles, HR Officer – email@example.com
Closing Date – 13th April 2023
Applications considered upon receipt. Interviews will be organised as and when applications are received.
The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 949 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Candytuft Way, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 6FF
Greenwood Way, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 6BZ
St John's Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 9RN
Lord Williams's School
Oxford Road, Thame, Oxfordshire, OX9 2AQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed