Teacher of English
We are seeking to appoint a temporary maternity cover Teacher of English to join our committed and professional English team led by experienced passionate practitioners supported by Teachers who possess a variety of degree of experience within and beyond the Trust. The English faculty takes a proactive approach, sharing experiences and good practices between academies to develop our teaching and learning and own professional developments.
We value every student and believe that great teaching and learning in English provides a coherent experience of English and Literacy for all our students. The teaching the English faculty provides aims to be inspiring for our students, encouraging them to be ambitious writers, insightful readers, thoughtful listeners, articulate speakers and who, as a result, will achieve great success in life.
Our English professionals encourage our students to recognise the fundamental impact of communication, written or spoken, for themselves and their future, through imaginative, focused and inspiring teaching and learning. Students understand the importance of studying English and respond well to exciting and enthusiastic teaching. Each department is well-resourced and located in a dedicated set of classrooms.
Our aim is to make the study of English enjoyable by providing students with a wide variety of activities and opportunities, whilst at the same time improving students’ literacy skills. We aim also to give students an appreciation of the uses of English by developing their confidence, knowledge and understanding.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Good organisational skills;
• Ability to work with students with special needs or who are Gifted and Talented.
• Ability to develop literacy, including EAL, resources across the curriculum;
• An understanding of current educational developments and a clear grasp of issues relating to education in general and their subject specialism(s)
• The theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies);
• Statutory National Curriculum requirements at the appropriate key stage;
• The monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ progress;
• The statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEN and Child Protection;
• The positive links necessary within the Academy and with all its stakeholders;
• Effective teaching and learning styles.
Archway Learning Trust is a highly successful Trust, with an expanding number of academies covering the ages of 3-19 and operating across a growing number of campuses. The growth and development of our Multi-Academy Trust makes this an excellent opportunity to join us, as we seek to serve a growing number of young people across the region.
In return we can offer:
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
About Bluecoat Aspley Academy
- Aspley Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 5GY
- Bluecoat Aspley Academy website (opens in a new window)