Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (1 Year)
Teachers' Pay Scale
Teacher of English
1 Year Fixed Term, Full-Time (1.0fte)
Teachers’ Pay Scale
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of English to join our English department from 1st September 2021 – 31st August 2022 to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will be driven by challenge; he or she will be a problem solver, looking for opportunities to craft engaging explorations and discoveries from any aspect of school life. Applications from experienced and newly qualified teachers will be welcomed.
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021.
Applying for the job
Application forms and full details are available to download from https://www.eteach.com/careers/celtrust/
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 1st March 2021 at 9am
Interview date: w/c 8th March 2021
764 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Brannel School
Brannel School was completely redesigned and rebuilt in 2011 as a ‘School of the Future’ at a cost of over £17m. Our facilities are second to none, and are underpinned by integrated technology befitting a 21st century working and learning environment. Brannel School is a welcoming and exciting place in which to teach and to learn.
Brannel School offers 800 places to pupils aged 11-16. Situated in the heart of rural Cornwall’s China Clay communities, we are committed to uniting all of our stakeholders in delivering a shared goal of Brannel School as the learning centre of our community.
We will continue to build on our strong record of tackling inequality and reducing achievement gaps in order to nurture confident, independent learners who are active participants in the community. We firmly believe that the young people of China Clay are as talented as you will find anywhere:
• Where they have ability, we will nurture it and ensure it is realised.
• Where they have ambition, we will encourage it and provide the opportunities for it to grow.
• Where social issues have led young people to have low expectations of themselves, we will raise their self-esteem, increase their self-reliance and extend their aspirations.
At the heart of our vision is to create a truly outstanding school delivering the very best educational opportunities, nurture academic excellence and enhance ambition in all its pupils. We aim to inspire the next generation of professionals and entrepreneurs.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold DfE Qualified Teacher Status.
• Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires students.
• Have the ability to draw upon their professional background to demonstrate their ability to successfully teach up to GCSE.
• Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum.
• Believe that every child can and will succeed.
• Be flexible, collaborative and resilient.
• Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extensive enrichment programme.
• Have the highest ambitions for your students, the department, the school and yourself.
We will offer you:
• An energising and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards.
• Students who are just beginning to make life goals; who are enthusiastic to look beyond the narrow confines of rural Cornwall.
• Colleagues who are reflective, committed professionals; who are motivated by challenge and willing to go the extra mile for our students to achieve the very best results.
• A unique opportunity to help build the school and the department.
• A well-resourced school with 21st century teaching and learning facilities.
• An excellent programme of CPD and opportunities to develop leadership and management skills.
• Opportunities to develop innovative co-curricular and enrichment activities within the school day as part of the ‘Brannel Challenge’ period each week.