Teacher of English
This job expired on 23 March 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
14 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - This is a 1.00FTE contract
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a subject specialist who can ignite within our students a passion for English Language and Literature, ensuring they have a real love of English, and as a result, achieve their very best.
- You will be ambitious for yourself, for the department and our students, ensuring all students achieve their full potential.
- You will set exceptionally high standards in the classroom.
- You will plan and deliver innovative and challenging lessons that will inspire our students to become articulate, curious, imaginative, capable and productive members of our society.
- Be an innovative and inspiring practitioner, always going above and beyond to help students achieve
- Be ambitious for yourself, your students and colleagues
- Be passionate about English language and literature
- Have excellent subject and specialist knowledge
- Have a proven ability to develop positive relationships
- Have a positive outlook willing to seek out solutions
- Achieve excellent outcomes for all student groups, and ensure Disadvantaged pupils achieve as well as non-Disadvantaged pupils in your classes.
- Qualified to degree level and above in a subject relevant to the role
- Experience of teaching English to a range of abilities and ages (this may be from your training if an ECT)
- Experience of developing resources to support the curriculum and effective learning in the classroom
- Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to impact teaching and student achievement
What the school offers its staff
WE VALUE YOU AND CAN OFFER...
■ Students who are welcoming, well behaved and curious young people
■ The support of an experienced governing body and a dedicated team of staff and leaders
■ A school that is at the heart of its community and is well respected
■ CPD tailored to support you as you develop within your role
■ A school that has innovative education and health care links
■ A successful sixth form with students who go onto top universities
■ Free use of the on-site Gym which was refurbished Autumn 2021 ■ Number of after school staff activities such as 5 aside football
■ Free membership of the Smart Clinic, benefits include:
○ 24 hour helpline
○ Access to a virtual GP 24/7
○ Support and advice on
○ Managing a condition
○ Better health
○ Cognitive behavioural therapy
○ Anxiety Management
○ Stress Management
○ Assertiveness and self-confidence training
○ Time management
■ Free onsite parking
■ Lifestyle Savings – Access a huge range of savings across the UK’s major retailers
■ Home and Electronics – Spread the cost of thousands of technology and home appliances shipped by Currys and John Lewis & Partners
■ Cycle to Work – Save up to 43%* on the latest bikes and accessories for your commute to work (savings are realised through a salary sacrifice arrangement. Excluding disposal fee. Figures are a guide only and dependent on personal situation).
■ On site Gym Membership
■ Eye Test Vouchers for eligible staff
■ Physiotherapy – Access to online advice and exercise programmes
■ Counselling & Wellbeing Support - Access to a Wellbeing Resource Library
■ GP Phone & Video Consultation – Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Further details about the role
Thank you for your interest in the position of Teacher of English.
This is a very exciting time for Budehaven Community School, as we work hard to return to normal, following two years of disruption. We have the exciting opportunity to recruit a skilled, dedicated and experienced teacher of your subject, who will inspire our young people to achieve.
The successful candidate would join a large, well-established and skilled department. Students at the school enjoy English lessons and there is an increasing demand for places on English KS5 courses and we are currently expanding our post-16 provision. Classrooms are equipped with state of the art Smart TV boards, visualisers and white boards and the department have a large work room to facilitate collaborative working and the sharing of best practice.
The children who attend Budehaven are bright, enthusiastic, and hard-working. As they move out of the pandemic, there is a real need to ensure standards are maintained and that they are supported through our positive behaviour policy, which can be viewed via our website. This is integral to good quality learning, and achievement, coupled with outstanding subject knowledge.
Please include in your application, any knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the role, and I look forward to reading your application,
Mr Dominic Wilkes
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Budehaven Community School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1215 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Budehaven Community School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01288 353271
Budehaven Community School is located on the beautiful north Cornwall coast in the town of Bude. We are proud to be a fully comprehensive school, welcoming and providing an inclusive education to students from ages 11 to 19. Our school also benefits from a thriving, successful Sixth Form, an on-site Area Resource Base and The Haven – our integrated Health and Wellbeing Centre, providing wider support for our students and members of the community. Budehaven Community School is a thriving environment to be part of, and our ethos, which is built on a foundation of Care, Enjoyment and Opportunities, building Responsibility, Confidence and Success, is tangible from the second you walk through the door. As you travel around our school, the energy of the students and staff is infectious. The stunning work of our talented young people is on display around the school, and their artwork is one of our jewels in the Budehaven crown within our stylish Bistro Art Gallery, aside that of local artists for all to appreciate. We have an annual art exhibition, where members of the community come and admire the work of our young people.
Arranging a visit to Budehaven Community School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cornwall