Teacher of English
We are seeking to employ English Teachers who are passionate about their subject and who are committed to developing high standards of literacy so that the life chances of all students are enhanced.
Within the four secondary academies of Archway Learning Trust English teachers share a strong commitment towards collaborative learning and colleagues work hard to ensure that all students have the best possible experience of English. Our aim as an English team is to provide the building blocks of progress so that students are enthused and engaged in their learning. Lessons provide a range of learning strategies to support all students to access the basic concepts and skills of English and to flourish in their reading and writing and become passionate about their learning
Essential educational requirements
Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to use innovative, active teaching methods;
• Ability to use ICT as a learning/admin tool;
• An ability to work in collaborative partnership with the full range of people associated with the Trust - staff, parents, governors, community, business, Diocese and LA;
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal;
• Good organisational skills;
• Ability to work with students with special needs or who are Gifted and Talented.
• Ability to develop literacy, including EAL, resources across the curriculum.
Please see job description and person specification
Employee benefits and well-being scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Access to Local Government Pension Scheme, Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
About Bluecoat Aspley Academy
- Aspley Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 5GY
- Bluecoat Aspley Academy website (opens in a new window)