|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£23,720 to £40,490|
Teacher of English
Campion School - Northampton
Closing date: Monday 2nd March 2020
Interview date: Week beginning 9th March 2020
Start date: September 2020
Contract type: full time and permanent
Teacher of English – applications welcome from NQTs
Campion school are looking to appoint an innovative teacher or newly qualified teacher to join their fantastic English department. The successful candidate will be teaching KS3 and KS4 and with training and development provided, enable them to teach A Level English literature and/or A Level English Language and Literature. Campion is set in a beautiful rural village location with highly able and willing students in attendance. Under new leadership Campion is a school on an exciting journey of improvement. You will receive high quality support and CPD from expert colleagues who will coach and guide you through your professional development. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a friendly and supportive environment. If you are enthusiastic and highly motivated, relish a challenge and believe that you could contribute to our English department, we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will:
• be committed to working in pursuit of success for students and of raising standards
• be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality lessons to students
• be sympathetic to the aims, ethos and values of the school
Why work at Campion School?
• great support for NQT’s including a dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and excellent training
• a strong ethos with clear vision and values with an emphasis on care and respect
• students with a wide range of abilities and from a diverse range of backgrounds
• an encouraging and friendly staff
• a school community that is committed to serving each other and to developing students into caring, active and well-rounded citizens
• supportive line managers who want to see you thrive and succeed
• a rolling CPD programme with many opportunities to support your professional development
• talent is nurtured with excellent opportunities for career progression in both pastoral and academic roles
• 11-18 provision with the opportunity to work in a caring tutor team.
If this is you, come and join us at Campion!
Our staff benefit from a well-being scheme, on-site gym facilities, free tea and coffee and on-site parking.
All details, including the Job Advert, Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be found on our school website; www.campion.northants.sch.uk.
We hope that our website provides you with plenty of information about us. Should you require any additional information, or would like an informal discussion/visit, please contact us on 01604 833900 or email Dawn Hilder at email@example.com. Potential applicants are most welcome to visit the school and meet the Headteacher prior to making an application.
To apply, please email your completed application along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org..
Please note that we do not accept CVs - applicants must submit an application form.
The School reserves the right to appoint an outstanding applicant prior to this deadline.
Campion School and Language College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be required to complete a DBS check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Essential educational requirements
• Higher degree
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A sound academic background in relevant subject
Essential skills and experience
• Familiar with recent developments in the teaching and learning of the subject including strategies for raising achievement
• Experienced in using a range of teaching and learning styles
• Able to use assessment data to improve achievement
• Equal opportunities
• Able to use ICT across the curriculum and for administrative purposes
• Understand how the National Curriculum applies to all students
• Accepting of how the School Specialisms can be incorporated into the subject
Our staff benefit from a well-being scheme, on-site gym facilities, free tea and coffee and on-site parking.More on how to apply
|School size||1206 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Campion School website (opens in a new window)|
About Campion School
Bugbrooke, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN7 3QG