Teacher of English
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
• To teach English to the full range of abilities
• To ensure appropriate differentiation for students.
• To ensure high levels of attainment and progress in English.
• To assist the Head of English in challenging under-achievement with a particular focus on those who are at risk of under-achievement.
• To promote the Christian ethos of the College.
• To carry out any other specific duty assigned by the Principal or their appointed representative
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended and we may interview before the closing date if sufficient strong applicants apply.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Up to date knowledge of examination specifications for GCSE English Language and English Literature.
Up to date knowledge of best practice in teaching and learning in English.
Knowledge of effective strategies for meeting the needs of SEND and EAL learners in English.
Knowledge of effective strategies for meeting the needs of the most able in English.
As an academy which is part of the Good Shepherd Trust we offer salaries above the Surrey Pay Scales. Along with your salary there are a number of attractive benefits which include:
• On site parking and easy access to London via road and public transport
• Cycle2work scheme with up to 32% off a bike
Discount schemes which offer:
• Up to 10% off your next holiday
• 20% off a new mobile contract
• 40% off cinema tickets
• Discounts at a range of high street shops such as Boots, Topshop, Apple and many more.
About Christ's College, Guildford
Christ's College is part of the Good Shepherd Trust and is a thriving secondary school serving the non-Christian and Christian community of Guildford, Woking and surrounding areas. Our aim for the students at Christ's College is that they should develop the core values of service, respect, stewardship, co-operation and love.
- Larch Avenue, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1JY
- Christ's College, Guildford website (opens in a new window)