Teacher of English
The Regis School, West Sussex
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,805 to £41,528,.00|
We are looking for someone to join us to teach English, in Key Stage 3 and 4 and potentially through to Key Stage 5. Our English team have a real passion for their subject and a proven record of supporting and developing staff. We’re looking for someone who shares the love of teaching English and who has the desire to work as a team player and motivate our young people to achieve their potential.
We are a big school with close to 1600 students and nearly 200 staff. We have an amazing school building with superb facilities across all subjects, but that doesn’t define who we are. What defines us is our very real sense of community as a Rights Respecting School; a togetherness that permeates through daily school life and focuses everyone on the job in hand – ensuring ‘The Best in Everyone.’
Essential educational requirements
• Have qualified teacher status or be working towards QTS.
• Have great subject knowledge and be able to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in communicating this to others.
• Demonstrate ability to be an outstanding teacher or a strongly ‘good’ teacher.
• Clear potential to progress in their career and a commitment to pursue appropriate professional training and development.
• Possession of a wide range of skills to support staff, students, parents and community towards absolute excellence.
• The skills, experience and ability to gain the confidence of students and staff.
Essential skills and experience
• A desire to be ‘the best’ and the ability to translate an aspiration to be the best.
We offer pay scales above the national standard with rapid progression for those who get consistent outstanding student outcomes, reduced gym membership to our on-site gym, reduced fees for the on-site nursery, and a laptop. There is a car leasing scheme and all staff can access ‘Perkbox’ offering discounts in weekly shopping, high street stores and flights and holidays. Why? Because we want the best for all our staff as well as our students!
We will give you a curriculum framework, a modern classroom with excellent facilities, comprehensive CPD opportunities, your timetable of classes and above all, the freedom to teach with creativity to motivate our students to work hard and achieve their potential.More on how to apply
|School size||1553 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Regis School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Regis School
Westloats Lane, West Sussex, PO21 5LH