We’re searching for a Teacher of English who will inspire our pupils in the classroom by delivering innovative curricula and by giving them the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy.
Reporting to the Head of Faculty, this post holder will be accountable for:
- Set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your classes
- Select and prepare a range of resources that take in to account all students’ learning needs, languages and cultural backgrounds
- Apply a range of teaching strategies to deliver learning objectives and incorporate inclusive strategies that meet the needs of all learners
- Have high expectations of learners to ensure they achieve their full educational potential
- Have knowledge of a range of approaches to assessment, including questioning, oral assessment and self-assessment and the importance of formative assessment.
- Make effective use of a range of assessment monitoring and recording strategies to assess the learning needs of your students in order to set challenging learning objectives and plan for future teaching.
For a full description of the role, see the job description and person specification.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
The Salary for the position is Main pay scale
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
In September 2019, E-ACT Royton and Crompton Academymoved into a brand new, state of the art, learning complex to ensure we provide the very best outcomes for all our children. Our biggest priority is to ensure that through the best quality of education, outstanding teaching we provide the very best educational experiences and outcomes for all our students allowing everyone access to the curriculum and entitlements that they require in order to succeed in their chosen career pathways.
Please read the supportingdocumentation carefully before completing ourapplication and equal opportunities form.
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,400 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of young peopleand vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject toenhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks andsatisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed topromoting equality, challenging discrimination and developingcommunity cohesion. We welcomeapplications from all sections of the community .