Teacher of English
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
31 March 2023 at 11:59pm
3 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- MPS 1 - UPS 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A good degree in a specialist subject teaching qualification
- Nationally recognized teaching qualification.
- The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- A very good classroom teacher, demonstrating ability to innovate
- Understanding of current curriculum issues in relation to teaching subject/s
- Able to show evidence of the use of technology in teaching and learning
- Be flexible and responsive to a changing educational environment
- Contribute to whole school initiatives
- Committed to working co-operatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively, imaginatively and effectively with them
- Able to create a team ethos across a team
- Able to motivate and encourage problem solving
- Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively and feedback information as appropriate
What the school offers its staff
At our school we hold teachers in the highest esteem. Teachers are celebrated as experts and are actively encouraged to pursue scholarship in their chosen discipline. We are curriculum enthusiasts at Lodge Park Academy; we delight in discussing, refining and building sequences of knowledge to build students’ confidence and expertise.
We want to attract people who are as enthusiastic as we are about:
Developing a world-class, knowledge-rich curriculum that will enable our young people to navigate their life with confidence, expertise and the ability to make great choices.
Engaging in evidence-informed practice and recognising that we are all refining and developing our craft.
Supporting each other to maintain our strong staff culture of professionalism, respect and flexibility, and championing work-life balance.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Lodge Park Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 933 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Lodge Park Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Lodge Park Academy is a mixed secondary school situated on the edge of Corby in Northamptonshire, which was officially opened by Formula 1 ace Lewis Hamilton in May 2013. We offer a high quality education for students aged 11 to 19. The aim of the academy, which is a proud member of the David Ross Education Trust, is to work in partnership with parents, industry and the community to deliver a world-class education for our students. Our values and ethos Resilience, Respect, Tolerance We are proud to be leading education providers for the community we serve. Our academy combines the highest standards of teaching with impressive new facilities. Lodge Park understands that every student needs a strong academic foundation to achieve the highest standards. We also understand that this can be supported by a multitude of co-curricular activities. From sport to music, CCF to technology, there is something for everyone. Our aim is that students develop new interests and life-long passions while at our academy. We offer an academic curriculum which is supported by an innovative programme of co-curricular activities that support the development of well-rounded and confident individuals. We want every student to be the very best they can be, and a credit to themselves and their community. Since joining the David Ross Education Trust in 2013, our ability to do this has further strengthened. We are proud that we are able to offer our students unrivalled enrichment and sporting opportunities, building confidence and shaping aspirations in all our young people.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of ESOL/Primary/English
Queen Katharine Academy
Mountsteven Avenue, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE4 6HX
Mountbatten Way, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9 6PA
Teacher of English to GCSE level required
The CE Academy
Poole Street, Northampton, NN1 3EX
Ormiston Bushfield Academy
Ortongate, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 5RQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire and Northampton