Teacher of English
Deadline is tomorrow
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 11:59pm
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours a week
- Main and Upper Pay Range £28,283 - £44,556 per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A highly effective English teacher.
- Aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here.
- Someone who passionately believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. Someone that does not make excuses for what children can achieve.
What the school offers its staff
- Huge support and progression opportunities
- A knowledge rich curriculum, built on ‘powerful knowledge’ and a traditional T&L approach built around Rosenshine and TLAC
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- An excellent English curriculum and resources
- Excellent support from an experienced Curriculum Leader
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm/strict’ behaviour system
- Highly visible/supportive senior leaders who have your back
- Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ instructional coaching, helping you to continuously develop
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities across the Astrea South Yorkshire region
- Opportunity to complete NPQs
- An unrivalled professional progression model
- A very central location accessible to motorways and public transport.
Further details about the role
Astrea Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory background checks including references and enhanced DBS checks.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Astrea Academy Woodfields
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 745 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Astrea Academy Woodfields website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Our vision for education is simple and one that allows teachers to teach. We believe in a curriculum that is knowledge-rich, ‘the best that is thought and said’, that is supported by a traditional approach to teaching, behaviour and culture. We are values-driven and our vision is to provide an inclusive, aspirational and academic education for all our students, so that all of them will learn, thrive and lead successful lives.
Arranging a visit to Astrea Academy Woodfields
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Carleton High School
Green Lane, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 3NW
Marnham Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG22 0JH
Winterton Community Academy
Newport Drive, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, DN15 9QD
Firth Park Academy
Fircroft Avenue, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S5 0SD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Doncaster