Teacher of English
Egglescliffe School, Stockton-on-Tees
|Subjects||English Language, English Literature|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
Would you like to progress your career in a school that is one of the highest performing secondary schools and sixth forms in the Tees Valley and North East? Would you like to be part of a school community that not only provides an exceptional educational experience but also has a well renowned supportive pastoral ethos? Would you like to work in a school which has been graded as ‘Outstanding’ in three consecutive Ofsted inspections? Would you also like to work in a school with fantastic facilities which is located near the picturesque town of Yarm and close to the beautiful Cleveland Hills?
Providing a world class education for all of our learners requires exceptional teaching staff. We invest in our staff with a comprehensive CPD programme ensuring that all of our teaching staff, at all career stages, have the opportunity to grow and develop. We provide a supportive working environment in which our staff flourish so they can deliver excellence. At Vision Learning Academy Trust we want to appoint teachers who are enthusiastic about their key stage/subject, and are as committed as we are, to every child achieving the very best they can.
Egglescliffe is an oversubscribed, successful mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
The school was rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted in both 2008 and 2013. We also hold the following national awards:
- Ofsted Outstanding School Status
- Sport England Sportsmark
- Healthy School Award
- National Teaching School
- National Support School
We seek to appoint an outstanding Teacher of English, on a permanent basis, who has the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to contribute to the further development of the English curriculum. The successful candidate will bring with them innovative and creative ideas to stretch and inspire our students to ensure they reach their full potential.
Applications are invited from inspirational teachers who can demonstrate:
• A passion for the subject and a thorough knowledge of the English curriculum
• A commitment, drive and enthusiasm to work as part of our dedicated and successful team.
• Measurable impact as an individual teacher
• An innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
• An ability to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential
• a passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
• an innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
• be proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
• have the skills to make a significant impact on raising the quality of teaching and learning
• be committed to raising achievement and standards
• hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
• have recent experience / knowledge of teaching English Language at Key Stage 5 (preferable but not essential).
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Ability to demonstrate high standards of classroom practice.
Experience of teaching in KS3 and 4
Experience of making a significant impact upon children’s learning and progress
Experience of tracking, monitoring and assessing pupils to support progression for all
Able to demonstrate an understanding of lesson planning, delivery and assessment to support progression for all learners
High quality and reflective practitioner
Ability to utilise a range of teaching styles and strategies to ensure high levels of learning and achievement
Ability to deliver well differentiated lessons to ensure stretch and challenge for all students
Ability to motivate and enthuse children
Willing to develop specialist skills and subject knowledge
Ability to readily establish professional relationships and work as part of a team
Good written, verbal and ICT skills
Flexibility and adaptability in order to be able to work and communicate with adults, parents and other external agencies
An inclusive, successful and outstanding school
Friendly, well-motivated and enthusiastic students
Professional and rewarding opportunities
Work with a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student
A welcoming, warm and supportive staff team
Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels.
|School size||1492 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Egglescliffe School website (opens in a new window)|
Urlay Nook Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS16 0LA