- View all Full timejobs
- This is a full time position. Working hours in line with the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document.
Teacher of English job summary
Teacher of English
The rate of pay will be Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale
A vacancy for a Teacher of English has arisen at Cardinal Griffin Catholic College. Governors are therefore seeking applications from suitable applicants to join us in September 2022.
The teaching of English at Cardinal Griffin Catholic College is at an exciting stage of its development. Standards continue to rise year on year, departmental leadership is strong, there is a committed team of teachers and the curriculum has been adapted to suit the pupils' needs.
The successful candidate will:
• Be innovative, able to inspire and should set high standards of teaching and learning
• Have excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
• Be fully supportive of the Catholic Ethos and Jesuit Identity of the College
• Ambitious, positive, highly professional
• Absolutely committed to ensuring that students achieve great outcomes and enjoy English
In return candidates can expect:
• Supportive and hardworking colleagues committed to going the extra mile for pupils
• Training, development and support appropriate to their career stage in a College committed to the Education Well-being Charter.
• To be part of a College with a strong Catholic ethos and well-behaved pupils
• Support for both new teachers and those at different career stages is excellent as are opportunities to grow develop and progress
It is important that the successful candidate is a good fit in our team of staff, and so they may be highly experienced or just starting out on their teaching journey, what matters to us is their passion for teaching, strength as a classroom practitioner and love of their subject area.
ECT’s who can demonstrate the potential to be outstanding teachers are encouraged to apply.
The College encourages applications from those of the Catholic faith, but it is not a barrier to appointment if candidates do not have that faith background provided they support the ethos of the College. We are extremely proud of our ethos which comes in very large part from our Jesuit Associate School membership and Catholic Diocesan heritage. This teaches us to be grateful for the gift of teaching that we have and to be generous in using it for the good of our pupils.
Closing date for applications is 9am, 23rd May 2022. No CV or agency applications will be accepted.
The College reserves the right to close this post prior to the published deadline should it receive sufficient applications. We therefore encourage candidates to submit early applications.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions in your application form.
Where the role involves engaging in regulated activity relevant to children, candidates should note that it is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Applying for the job
To apply please complete the Application, Recruitment Monitoring and Consent to References forms and return to Mrs H Tapper email@example.com or see our Web site https://www.cardinalgriffin.org.uk/Vacancies
Closing date for applications 9am, 23rd May 2022, no CV or agency applications will be accepted
The College reserves the right to close this post prior to the published deadline should it receive sufficient applications. We therefore encourage candidates to submit early applications.Download an application form - 247 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.