Teacher of English
7 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
16 June 2023 at 5pm
28 April 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - As per contract
What skills and experience we're looking for
If you are a dedicated, driven English Teacher who has a real passion for the subject and a drive to instil this in your learners then we have an exciting opportunity for you…
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of English with excellent subject knowledge. The successful candidate will join the school’s highly successful and enthusiastic department, working and collaborating with an exceptionally dedicated and talented team of practitioners.
What we are looking for:
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Somebody who is well-organised, proactive and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Somebody who works well with staff and pupils alike
- Strong classroom management skills
- Knowledge of English at KS3, 4 and 5
- Someone keen to make a difference to the lives of young people
- Someone looking to join a community that works to develop young people into successful citizens
- Someone ready to work with young people both in lessons and as a tutor
What the school offers its staff
What Fulston Manor School can offer you:
- Mentoring and high-level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities
- A family atmosphere with welcoming staff and students
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core
- To be part of a whole school team – working together to achieve and valuing every individual’s contribution
- Opportunities to teach across all key stages
Fulston Manor is a heavily over-subscribed non-selective school in Sittingbourne, Kent, this success is based on the quality of our staff and the excellence of our induction and support programmes. The school offers an outstanding learning environment for all its students.
Fulston Manor is focused on developing students into young citizens capable of making a difference. Here, at Fulston, we have a strong pastoral system at our core and we pride ourselves on being about strong traditional family values. All staff and students, who join us, are joining the Fulston family and we look forward to welcoming you to this community.
Further details about the role
Applications are invited from experienced teachers or Early Career Teachers who possess the skills, enthusiasm, and commitment necessary to ensure our students succeed and develop in our nurturing community.
The starting date for this post will be September 2023. If you are interested and would like to apply please complete the school’s application form, which can be found on the school website (www.fulstonmanor.kent.sch.uk) and send this in to the Headteacher with a covering letter (email acceptable). Applications by CV will not be accepted.
For any further information, however, please do not hesitate to contact the school; you are, of course, most welcome to visit.
We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early and to interview candidates during the advertisement window; candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment’
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Fulston Manor School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1357 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Fulston Manor School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01795 412602
Fulston Manor is a heavily over-subscribed non-selective school in Sittingbourne, Kent, this success is based on the quality of our staff and the excellence of our induction and support programmes. The school offers an outstanding learning environment for all its students. Fulston Manor is focused on developing students into young citizens capable of making a difference. Here, at Fulston, we have a strong pastoral system at our core and we pride ourselves on being about strong traditional family values. All staff and students, who join us, are joining the Fulston family and we look forward to welcoming you to this community.
Arranging a visit to Fulston Manor School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Robert Napier School
Third Avenue, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 2LX
Harris Academy Ockendon
Erriff Drive, South Ockendon, RM15 5AY
Teacher of English / Media 0.6FTE
Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre
Ashford Road, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 6LT
English, Geography or History Teacher with a willingness to re-train?
Seal Hollow Rd, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 3SL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway