Teacher of English
We are seeking an enthusiastic and conscientious Teacher of English (NQT or experienced) to join our supportive team.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for our young people and for themselves
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches
You will be required to:
• Inspire and support our students across the three Key Stages
• Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
• Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
• Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals
• Develop extra-curricular opportunities for students to explore and enjoy Language, Literature, Media and Film.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching Language, Literature, Drama, Media Studies and Film Studies as examination qualifications for 14-18 year olds would be beneficial.
Knowledge of English Language and Literature across all key stages with a knowledge of Media and Film Studies would be advantageous.
An enthusiastic commitment to all aspects of the English Department’s programmes of academic and co-curricular activities, up to sixth form.
Excellent communication skills, oral, written and in the use of ICT
The ability to demonstrate characteristics of excellent teaching practice.
The ability to work as part of a team.
A professional approach which inspires confidence in pupils and parents.
Willingness to contribute to the work of the department
Act with integrity, honesty, loyalty and fairness at all times
About Falmouth School
- Trescobeas Road, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 4LH
- Falmouth School website (opens in a new window)