Teacher of English
Farlingaye High School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher to work as part of a dynamic and creative team. The English Faculty are hardworking and there is a shared commitment to high standards of teaching and learning, as well as concern for each individual student they work with. Everyone works together as a team, sharing good practice, and offering support when it is needed.
This is a temporary 0.6 FTE maternity cover contract.
Responsible to the Headteacher, general responsibilities of an MPR post include:
• to teach as directed by the Headteacher;
• to work at the direction of the Headteacher and the Head of Faculty to enable the efficient delivery of the curriculum identified through Schemes of Work and in line with the National Curriculum;
• to promote attainment at the highest level of all students through effective teaching;
• to maintain accurate and appropriate records of students’ learning and achievements in line with other schools and faculty agreed policies;
• to regularly set and mark homework, classwork and coursework in line with the agreed school policy;
• to write regular reports to parents in accordance with the agreed school policy;
• to provide subject information to parents and attend parents’ meetings and respond to parents’ enquiries as required by the Headteacher and Head of Faculty;
• attend Open and Information Evenings as required by the Headteacher within the agreed school’s time budget allocation;
• attend appropriate meetings and in-service training within the agreed school’s time budget allocation;
• to undertake faculty responsibility as reasonably directed by the Head of Faculty;
• to maintain in good order teaching room/area and resources for learning, including text books, student materials and equipment;
• to promote and celebrate achievement by students through the implementation of the school’s rewards policy and effective use of display;
• to maintain effective discipline through implementation of the school’s agreed procedures;
• to take part in the school’s appraisal scheme;
• to inform Head of Faculty or LT of concerns that may affect Health & Safety of school population;
• to implement all agreed school policies.
All new staff will be tutors and will undertake the following:
• to attend year team and other relevant meetings;
• to act as a form tutor, where required thereby following the agreed procedures laid down in the School’s Pastoral Care and Guidance document;
• to be available for the marking of registers;
• to promote the attainment of all students within the relevant tutor/year group;
• to maintain effective discipline and the agreed uniform code through implementation of the school’s agreed procedures.
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level
Must hold QTS
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic teacher who is passionate about their subject and conveys this through their teaching methods, thereby developing and enriching all students understanding and knowledge of mathematics.
Farlingaye High School (part of East Anglian Schools Trust) provides an excellent support programme for newly appointed staff with an innovative CPD programme and lots of opportunities for development.
There is a huge emphasis on teaching and learning with lots of really exciting activities. We teach just 3 lessons a day and staff have a maximum of 84% timetable, with NQTs teaching less than this. The person appointed will be assured of considerable support; we are a very successful, enthusiastic, hardworking school who are keen to share ideas and the principle of mutual professional support is paramount. The SLT and pastoral structures are very effective and consistent.
All new staff are offered a mentor and we operate a line management system with the Head of Faculty for curriculum matters and the Head of Year for pastoral matters.
About Farlingaye High School
- Ransom Road, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 4JX
- Farlingaye High School website (opens in a new window)