In the role of Teacher of English you will:
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy policies, under the direction of the Principal.
- Promote the achievement of high standards through effecting teaching and learning of English, including preparation, evaluation, and action planning.
- Model the vision and values of the academy.
- Be part of the team driving the development of the academy to become and remain an 'outstanding' academy.
- receive and act on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance withing the academy systems.
- Contribute, where appropriate, to implementing policies and practice and to promote collective responsibility for their implementation.
- Take into account and constantly reviewing academy contextual factors and prior attainment when planning and teaching lessons.
- Work in a cross-curricular way to support English across the academy in the use of active learning approaches to enrich curriculum and skills delivery
Hanson is a larger than average 11 to 19
mixed comprehensive school with a good reputation in the City of Bradford. We
have 1570 students on roll including 290 in the sixth form. We are committed to
ensuring that talent is nurtured in a safe, orderly and stimulating learning
environment. We believe that every child does matter and that by becoming fully
involved in their learning, they will get the most out of their time with us
and that their learning experiences will be both enjoyable and successful. We
are immensely proud of the achievements of all our students and enjoy
celebrating them as a school community.
There is a huge emphasis on high academic and
personal achievement. We are committed to raising standards of achievement for
all students and provide extra support for students throughout the educational
spectrum. Hanson is a happy and supportive school which offers a range of
educational, social and cultural opportunities to all its young people.
We offer an extensive range of
opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) (opt out available)
- Access to the Delta benefits website with discounts on retailers,
holidays, days out, etc.
to Cycle to Work scheme, car leasing and technology scheme
to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
and development opportunities
For more information and to apply
for this position please visit our website at Careers
with Delta • Delta Academies Trust (deltatrust.org.uk)
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students
and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and
Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list /