Teacher of English
Heritage High School, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,737 to £40,688|
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2020
Heritage High School is a happy, safe and stimulating place to work and learn and it is our determination to continually improve that sets us apart from other schools. We believe that learning should be fun, challenging and stimulating and the quality of our people lies at the heart of achieving our goals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Heritage High School for a Teacher of English to join their team. In this role you will be responsible for delivering engaging lessons for students to enable them to unlock their full potential.
Perfect for an individual who likes a challenge and is committed to student’s learning. The ideal candidate will be motivated, patient and caring with the student’s quality of learning and excellent progression at the centre of what they do day to day. This post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £8.50.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Sunday 26 January 2020
Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed after the closing date
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject and evidence of continuing professional development.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge of the National Curriculum including latest developments, initiatives and current issues. Is able to teach National Curriculum Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 including the full GCSE specification.
MPS/UPSMore on how to apply
|School size||885 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Heritage High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Heritage High School
Boughton Lane, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4QG