Teacher of English
We are looking to appoint a passionate and enthusiastic professional to join a successful English Department starting January 2020. The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching and ensuring that all students achieve the highest possible standards, whilst developing effective relationships with all stake-holders.
Why join us?
Hull Trinity House Academy offers a modern education whilst at the same time maintaining, emphasising and celebrating our school’s 200 year nautical heritage. The Academy is unique, steeped in history and tradition and has an outstanding reputation both locally and beyond the City of Hull. Trinity House is an integral part of Kingston upon Hull’s history.
We are proud to be part of Delta Academies Trust which is an educational charity that has a proven track record as well as the educational expertise, capacity and experience to secure transformational change and sustainable academy improvement in the schools which it supports.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or completion of training programme
A strong and secure subject knowledge in English up to GCSE
The post holder will require an enhanced DBS
Essential skills and experience
-Experience of teaching and maintaining professional teaching standards
- Awareness of the strategies available for improving the learning and achievement of all students
- Able to use a range of teaching and learning strategies
- An understanding of how Assessment for Learning can improve student performance
-Confidence in the use of standard computer packages and how these can be used to enhance student learning
- Able to use student level data to raise standards
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Creative in problem solving together with willingness to take on and try new approaches and ideas
- Ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential safeguarding issues
- Able to communicate both orally and in writing to students and their parents
- Able to communicate high expectations to all students
- Sharing good practice across the department
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career;
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals;
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career.
• Free Car Parking in city centre location
About Hull Trinity House Academy
Hull Trinity House Academy is a secondary school for boys located in Kingston upon Hull in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. As an educational institution with over 230 years of history, Hull Trinity House remains very proud of its history and traditions and our motto ‘Spes Super Sydera’ (Hope Beyond the Stars) still neatly sums up our Academy’s aims of continually raising aspirations, widening horizons and empowering our students to achieve their potential. The Academy is currently rated as a good school by Ofsted (2016) but we aspire to become outstanding and the outcomes for our students show a commitment to providing excellence for all.
- Charlotte Street Mews, Kingston-upon-Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 3BP
- Hull Trinity House Academy website (opens in a new window)