- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
- Contract type
- Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale
Impington Village College (IVC)
Teacher of English (Key Stage 3-5)
Required: September 2022
Salary: Main Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year” 2020
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ ParentPower publication for the second year running. Due to the continued expansion of the College, including our outstanding sixth form, we are looking to recruit a passionate and exceptional Teacher of English. Part time candidates are very welcome, and well supported, as we are one of eight schools in the UK to be a Flexible Working Ambassador School.
NQTs are welcome and will be nurtured and developed with an exemplary support package. We would, however, particularly welcome applications from teachers with at least two years’ experience who are looking for a new challenge and for the support and coaching needed to prepare for middle and senior leadership roles. Part time applicants are also welcome to apply. For the right candidate we can offer:
• £1000 Personal Professional Development Bursary
• Funding and support to complete Masters Level qualification in Educational Leadership and Management or a national leadership development programme
• Coaching from a member of SLT and support to apply for Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) status
• 2 Year Professional Development Programme in Leadership and Management for 2022-2024
Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes for the last five years. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 85% of grades at 4-9. The College has also received a number of other national accolades, including the Gold Carnegie Medal for its work in supporting mental health and wellbeing, and SSAT Awards for progress, attainment and curriculum design.
English outcomes at IVC are consistently among the highest nationally for both attainment and progress. In the first years of the reformed GCSEs, the English results have been exceptional; more than 10% of students achieved Grade 9s and over 40% achieved at least a Grade 7, with nearly 90% achieving at least a Grade 4. This post also offers the opportunity to teach at IB level for the right candidate, where English is a core part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well in excess of the national and international averages. You will also be joining us at an incredibly exciting time, as we embed the IB Middle Years Programme at Key Stage 3 and become the first state school in the UK to offer three IB programmes.
You will be joining an innovative, collaborative and dynamic faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development, engaging with the latest pedagogical research and to developing students' love of English. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through connections a range of in-house and external CPD programmes. You will be well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experienced colleagues, including two Specialist Leaders in Education and three Lead Practitioners.
With your knowledge and passion for English you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Eastern Learning Alliance (ELA) can offer you:
• the chance to work in a Flexible Working Ambassador School, where innovative approaches to work are championed and family life is fully supported, and wellbeing is a priority for all
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload, with a further reduction for new staff as part of our induction programme and an extensive support package for ECTs
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• subsidised access to the ELA’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
Applying for the job
Our Trust is committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment and undergo the appropriate checks. All positions within the Trust are subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references along with a Certificate of Good Conduct if applicable. Only applications submitted on using the ELA application form will be accepted. We do not accept applications by CV.
Please find the link to our school Safeguarding policy: https://www.impington.cambs.sch.uk/policies/
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the College or speak with existing staff; please contact our HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit with one of our Assistant Principals.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 7 February 2022.
Download an application form - 65.8 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.