|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to the post of Teacher of English (Maternity Cover). The successful candidate will join a high achieving and ambitious team in our very popular and over-subscribed school. The post would suit an inspirational and innovative teacher, ideally with a proven track record or future potential to deliver at GCSE.
This role will provide the post holder with the opportunity to join a large, vibrant, well established and very successful English department and to gain excellent professional development as they progress in their career.
We are seeking a well-qualified colleague who has:
- A dynamic, innovative and creative approach with excellent interpersonal skills
- The learner at the centre of their vision
- Excellent classroom practice
- Dedication to the value and importance of English as a subject, providing opportunity for all
- The ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower young people to achieve excellence
- An absolute commitment to achieving the very highest of standards
- An ambitious and dedicated professional approach with potential leadership attributes
Applicants are required to be well-organised, inspirational teachers, who are passionate about their subject. You will be able to work independently and in liaison with other colleagues in order to create a high level of challenge for a range of learners in every lesson and support the on-going development of this high-achieving department.
Applying for the job
Please visit our website www.stockportschool.net for full detailsMore on how to apply
- Job Description - Teacher - Sept 2020.doc  0.42 MB
- Headteacher Introduction Letter - English Teacher - Maternity - Sept 2020.docx  0.33 MB
- Person Specification - Teacher of English - Sept 2020.docx  0.37 MB
- Working at Stockport School - Recruitment Information - Sept 2020.docx  1.02 MB
- Departmental Information - Teacher of English - Sept 2020.doc  0.36 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1226 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Stockport School website (opens in a new window)|
About Stockport School
The school is a very popular over-subscribed school with year-on-year improving results and the English Department is a creative and successful team, who are often at the forefront of developments in education.
Mile End Lane, Stockport, Cheshire, SK2 6BW