|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||MPS / UPS|
Full time / Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of English at The Spires College. This is an exciting opportunity to join a flourishing department and contribute to its sustained growth.
We are passionate about teaching and learning and would love to hear from you if you share our belief in the power of education to transform lives. If you are keen to progress your career in a supportive, innovative environment and are dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people then this could be the perfect role for you.
The College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. We are committed to the professional development of our staff and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners.
• the opportunity to be part of a supportive team and have a voice in college improvement;
• excellent professional development and a wide range of professional opportunities, including significant leadership development opportunities;
• a high level of support for all new staff;
• the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners across the College;
• an exciting and stimulating place to work in a friendly environment;
• a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
• be a strong, innovative classroom practitioner, who is able to teach English at Key Stages 3 and 4 (5 is preferable but not essential);
• be committed to working in a close, collaborative team;
• be able to use a strong pedagogical understanding to successfully deliver the English curriculum;
• be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life.
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 School with a bilateral stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do.
Applying for the job
As a college, we are committed to safer recruitment and, as such, can only accept applications that are on the college application form. These are available on the website or as a download with all of our job advertisements. Please contact us if you have any difficulty accessing this. Please note that a CV is not required and will not be accepted as a replacement for a fully completed application form. Please complete all sections of the form in full.
The application form includes space for a supporting statement or letter of application. This is a really important part of the selection process and we weight it heavily in our short-listing process. Please use it to show how you have the skills, knowledge and experience to carry out the role for which you are applying to a high standard. Please also ensure it is written in a sensible font and size!
Your fully completed application should be returned to Nadine Osborne, the Principal’s PA,
by 9 am on Monday 5 October 2020, preferably by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your application by the end of the deadline day, please contact the college.
- TSC - Teaching Application Form.docx  0.03 MB
- Teacher of English Mat Cover Autumn 20 Recruitment Brochure.pdf  2.12 MB
|School type||Local authority maintained school|
|School size||1092 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Spires College website (opens in a new window)|
|Contact phone number||01803 400660|
About The Spires College
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 college with a bilateral selective stream. Please see the attached brochure for much more information about the school, including an insight from existing staff.
Arranging a visit to The Spires College
Please contact the Principal’s PA via the email address or telephone number provided if you would like to arrange to have an informal, confidential discussion with the Principal or Head of English. Unfortunately, we are unable to arrange visits to the college at this time.
Westlands Lane, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 3PE
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed