English, Media studies
Ormiston Victory Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of English. The successful applicant will be an outstanding professional who takes pride in their work and is determined to develop the teaching of English Language and Literature so that students of all abilities enjoy their learning and are motivated to succeed.
The English department is passionate about ensuring our students read well and read widely; we regularly host author visits and other events which celebrate the importance of literature. Other subjects relating to English also constitute part of our Sixth Form offer, such as creative media and media studies, the ability to teach this would be advantageous for candidates.
This position offers a fulfilling opportunity to be part of a successful, friendly and dedicated team committed to ensuring every student achieves their true potential. There is also the possibility of an additional responsibility within the English Department, which will be discussed with suitable candidates.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
• has a real love for English Language and literature, with a special gift of communicating that passion.
• is dynamic, innovative, self-motivated and able to inspire others.
• has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age and ability range.
• is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the department.
• has experience of teaching A-level or would like to develop expertise in this area.
• enjoys working as part of a team and demonstrates reflective practice through the high expectations they have of themselves and the students.
Possibility of Additional Responsibility – TLR2 £2,587 - £6,320
The academy incorporates the successful and growing Lord Nelson Sixth Form College. We are delighted to be part of the Ignite Teaching School Alliance and we have strong links with the University of East Anglia. We are proud to be sponsored by Ormiston Academies Trust and the successful candidate would benefit from the opportunities which arise as a result of this.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.