- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until Aug 2022)
Perins School are looking to appoint an outstanding and committed English teacher, to deliver English at Perins. English is core to ensuring our students can fulfil their potential, whatever their chosen career. Our team of exceptional English teachers create inspirational lessons for all, delivering strong exam results each year and leading the development of practice within the school as a whole.
In addition to the core subjects of English Language and English Literature, Perins also offers KS4 students the chance to study GCSE Media. English teachers with experience of teaching Media would be well suited to the position available.
We are committed to providing a rounded and rich educational experience for all students at Perins as we believe that everyone is entitled to high levels of individual achievement, care and support.
Our motto "In Omnia Excellentia" (Excellence in Everything) reflects our aspirations that every student has the opportunity to progress and develop in all areas, preparing them for the future. We value the richness and diversity of the educational experience we offer, both within and beyond the classroom.
• To develop and model the highest standards of teaching in English
• To contribute to the curriculum team so that continual improvement is facilitated in the department
• To continually develop all areas of the Qualified Teacher Standards
• Under the direction of the Team Leader of Maths, develop the ethos of “striving for excellence”
Teaching and Learning
• Excellent teaching demonstrating a wide understanding and knowledge of pedagogy
• Contribute to the construction of departmental schemes of work supporting their regular review and improvement as part of excellent departmental practice
• Ensure that departmental assessments reflect whole school policy and that they sustain an ethos of achievement for students
• Support the management of classroom behaviour so that a climate for learning is sustained for all colleagues
• Develop a model of eLearning to meet the needs of children in the 21st Century
Applying for the job
Please visit www.perinsmat.orgMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 1195 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Perins School
At Perins, we are committed to providing a rounded and rich educational experience for all our students with the belief that everyone is entitled to high levels of individual achievement, care and support. We are proud of our sense of community, with the quality of relationships between staff and students characterised by trust, respect and mutual support.
Our ethos focuses on making sure every student has the opportunity to progress and develop in all aspects, preparing them to face the future. We value the richness and diversity of the educational experience we offer, both within and beyond the classroom. We believe that these values are also vital in developing our professional, dedicated and highly competent members of staff.