Teacher of English
Rednock School are seeking to appoint an English Teacher to join us in September 2020. We require a highly-motivated, dedicated and inspirational English Teacher to join our team. You will be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner, able to quickly establish routines and high expectations with students across the key stages.
Rednock School is a rural 11-18 comprehensive, with excellent road links and spectacular views over rolling hills. The most recent Ofsted inspection, in January 2018, judged that Rednock School continues to be a ‘good’ school.
The post is a full time and permanent role. We are looking for a person able to start in September 2020. The closing date for this position is 8am Monday 27th January 2020.
Thank you for your interest in this role and our school. We hope that you decide to apply. In order to do so, please complete an application form and write a covering letter, of no more than two sides of A4, outlining how your qualities and experiences have prepared you for this role.
Further details about the school and the English department are available in the job specification documents, or on our website.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree in a relevant subject (i.e. with a high literacy content). In addition, evidence of further professional development relevant to the post would be desirable.
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Have planned and delivered effective learning sequences
• Have adapted learning sequences based on prior learning of students
• Be of role model for excellent classroom practice
• Know how to motivate and engage students in learning
• Have used formative assessment to provide feedback and set targets for students
• Have provided effective verbal and written feedback to parents
• Be a reflective practitioner who is committed to regular self-review
• Able to create a safe and purposeful environment for learning
• Able to manage behaviour effectively in line with school systems
• Be able to work effectively as part of a team
• Have a commitment to collaboration and co-operative working
We offer excellent CPD for all staff, as well as a bespoke induction programme for new staff. In addition, we can offer you enthusiastic students, superb facilities with free on-site parking and an extremely supportive departmental and whole staff team.
About Rednock School
We are a highly successful 11-18 School with over 1200 students situated in Cam, Dursley, enjoying spectacular views over the local hills. The most recent Ofsted inspection, January 2018, judged that Rednock School continues to be a ‘good’ school. All students are welcomed into Rednock School and encouraged to achieve their full potential, following a personalised pathway to success. Rednock is an inclusive school where every student matters. We offer excellent CPD for all staff as well as bespoke support for new staff and NQTs. We have nearby links to the M5.
- Kingshill Road, Dursley, Gloucestershire, GL11 4BY
- LA Maintained School
- Rednock School website (opens in a new window)