Teacher of English
If you are a highly motivated English teacher with a strong record of accomplishment together with the ability & commitment to teach enjoyable and challenging lessons up to A level, then this could be the role for you. There may also be the opportunity for some flexibility in matching a timetable to your skills regarding different key stages within the department.
Essential educational requirements
Degree level qualification in relevant subject area
A level in maths (or equivalent)
Good level of ICT
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of planning sequences of lessons in line with specification requirements
Understanding of the exam board and subject’s assessment objectives and accurate assessment of this in students’ work.
Experience of teaching maths across any key stage.
Manage workplace activities safely
Manage resources effectively
High levels of written and oral communication
Evidence of appropriate and effective communication with parents
• The opportunity to join a highly successful school and multi-academy trust.
• A stimulating and creative working environment where extracurricular activities flourish.
• An exceptional CPD provision tailored to your needs
• Career/secondment opportunities within our MAT schools.
• A subsidised on-site gym membership.
About Sharnbrook Academy
Sharnbrook Academy is a member of the Sharnbrook Academy Federation multi-academy trust. Our academy is set in attractive rural surroundings and provides excellent opportunities for pupils aged 11 to 18. We are proud to be part of an organisation where students thrive in lessons and make significant contributions to the wider life of the school through extracurricular activities, work in the community and by participating in local and national competitions. Student behaviour is exemplary, and the climate for learning is vibrant and inclusive.
- Odell Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK44 1JL
- Sharnbrook Academy website (opens in a new window)