Teacher of English
We are seeking for September 2019 an effective, enthusiastic and inspiring teacher to join a strong and friendly department. The ability to teach up to A level is desirable.
Please see full Job Pack on our website www.shsb.org.uk
Essential educational requirements
Degree in subject required
QTS required or in progress if currently a trainee
Essential skills and experience
Suitable for NQT or experienced teacher. Teaching up to A level desirable.
The successful candidate will be eligible for the following benefits upon commencement of employment:
• Auto-enrolment into a contributory pension scheme (TPS for teachers and LGPS for support staff)
• Free parking
• Access to excellent catering facilities when the kitchen is operational (term time only)
• CPD through internal and external providers
• Salary sacrifice schemes such as Cycle to Work
• Eye care vouchers
• Free use of sports facilities
About Southend High School for Boys
Southend High School for Boys (SHSB) is an ‘Outstanding’ school (Ofsted 2015), rated as outstanding against every one of the inspection criteria. It is one of four selective schools within the Borough of Southend. The main school, years 7 to 11, is single sex boys whilst the large sixth form is coeducational. It is situated thirty miles from London on the Thames Estuary and is close to main road and rail links from London, and to Chelmsford and Cambridge. SHSB has ‘an ethos of excellence in both academic achievement and a wide range of activities [that] permeates all aspects of the school’ (Ofsted 2015). At SHSB talent is nurtured, learning is valued, challenge is welcomed, participation is expected and achievement is prized. SHSB is not only a lively and stimulating institution, but also a welcoming community with an open and friendly approach.
- Prittlewell Chase, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS0 0RG
- Southend High School for Boys website (opens in a new window)