Teacher of English
Required for September 2020 an appropriately qualified and experienced teacher of English to join a successful Department in this flourishing School. There are 1,972 students on roll with 955 students in the Associated Sixth Form with St John Fisher Catholic High School. This academic year 192 students are studying English at advanced level. Candidates able to offer teaching up to an Advanced level would be advantageous but not essential.
The post is full-time, however, part-time hours will also be considered. An Easter start would also be considered.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant degree.
Qualified Teacher Status or about to complete a course leading to recognised Teacher Status (PGCE/QTS)
Essential skills and experience
• Excellent subject knowledge
• A strong classroom presence
• Ability to plan, prepare and teach effective and engaging lessons
• A commitment to active learning techniques
• Ability to continually inspire and motivate students to improve standards and achieve excellence
• Ability to use ICT proficiently in the teaching of English
About St Aidan's Church of England High School
- Oatlands Drive, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 8JR
- St Aidan's Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)