Teacher of English
The Governors seek to appoint an enthusiastic teacher of English, who has the knowledge to enhance student learning in this well-established, successful department. The successful candidate will teach across the Key Stages.
Essential educational requirements
A relevant degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Effective classroom teacher.
Experience of working with pupils of all abilities.
Experience of teaching to KS4.
Good knowledge of KS3 and KS4 curriculum.
Evidence of recent professional development / training in the teaching and support of English.
• excellent care and support for all staff;
• comprehensive induction and ongoing opportunities for professional development;
• a positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff.
About St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester
St Bede’s is an outstanding, inclusive school and continues to grow in excellence. We deliver the highest standards in learning, teaching and behaviour and place great emphasis on striving for personal success. Our students achieve outstanding academic results but more importantly, they flourish as confident, caring young people, who use their talents for the common good.
- Consett Road, Durham, DH7 0RD
- St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester website (opens in a new window)