Teacher of English
We require an outstanding Teacher of English to join the English Department at the Wyvern St Edmund’s Learning Campus. This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-looking, successful and energetic team with a record of high achievement for students. He/she will have the opportunity to teach KS3 and KS4 across the full ability range.
The English Department have a shared vision that all students have the capability to achieve in English. We have high expectations of our students and deliver a challenging curriculum, in an engaging way, which proides them with the cultural capital and skills to enable them to be successful in the future.
We are looking for:
• someone to manage student learning through effective teaching in accordance with subject schemes of work;
• a teacher who demonstrates a dynamic and innovative approach in the classroom and demonstrates and articulates consistently high expectations of pedagogy;
• someone able to inspire, empower and motivate students to achieve their potential;
• a colleague who will work as part of the team to contribute to the development of the department.
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Teaching English in a Secondary Comprehensive school to GCSE level
An outstanding classroom practitioner
Successful curriculum delivery
Competitive salary and Recruitment/Retention bonuses available for an outstanding candidate.
About St Edmund's Girls' School
Wyvern College and St. Edmund's Girls School have co-located to create one learning campus. Facilities and teachers are shared to create a large, mixed, setting of approximately 1300 students. Both schools are situated next door to each other in an outstanding location on the outskirts of Salisbury, with a beautiful backdrop of the Laverstock Downs and acres of playing fields. Both schools currently have a 'Good' OFSTED rating. Departments are mostly located together and led by a single Head of Department, and one Senior Leadership Team work across the whole learning campus. Working together we can offer an even better education to both boys and girls, resulting in higher attainment and progress for all students.
- Church Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1RD
- St Edmund's Girls' School website (opens in a new window)